Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

What are the opinions of Croton watches? Good,bad,indifferent. Is there one or two models that stand above the others?Are they better than Invicta?

Saw one on the bay for under $70.00 with a Japenese quartz movement.

I know the old saying that you get what you pay for,that's why I'm asking.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

For $70....you get a $70 watch.

NOTHING wrong with that, but it probably wont be bad for $70. Just dont expect to be blown away or great quality.

·
Registered
533 Posts
imported post

I had one and the bezel smooth popped off during dinner. As Chef said, you get a $70.00 dollar watch, which isn't much.

·
Registered
60 Posts
imported post

Personally i would spend just a little bit more money to get a watch that i know will last. I never tried out Croton watches so i can't comment on their quality, but i have a wenger diver i've been wearing for the past 5 years and i never had a problem with it. The watch is a basic diver model i believe and the msrp is a little over 100, during sales you can find it under 100 :)
Let me know if you need some pictures

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks for all the opinions folks. I'm going to keep looking. My budget doesn't allow expensive watches,so I' trying to get the most bang for my buck.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
imported post

I have several Croton watches and IMO I think they are a formadible watch. I always thought they were real cheap watches until someone gave me one they got as a gift but wasn't their style. I have had it for several years and aside from changing the battery a couple times I have had no trouble with it. If it wasn't for getting one for free I might have never bought others.

Since I have bought several my GF gave me a couple. The movements vary some automatic, some mechanical others have either Japanese or Swiss Quartz, The first one I got has a Japanese Myiota movement. I have some with a Swiss Rhonda movement others have auto and mech ones claim they are Swiss movements. All my Crotons were bought at deep discounts a lot much lower than you find on Ebay.

The Croton AQUAMATIC EXTREME CA301190SSBL lists for $275.00 of course the street price will be much less. Good looking watch IMO even though I am not a fan of divers, the specs read nice. $70.00 probably is not a bad price it seems like that is the norm when you search it out. Usually I can find a better price but $69.95 seems to be the lowest out there. I would wait to see if it comes down in price but if you like it and are afraid it will never be less buy it. $70.00 is not a bad price for a watch.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

rmeron wrote:
Thanks for all the opinions folks. I'm going to keep looking. My budget doesn't allow expensive watches,so I' trying to get the most bang for my buck.
I would say for Under $100 that's not a bad watch

Under $200 - you can get Invicta, Croton etc etc

Under $500 - i would recomend- Seiko, Citizen etc

you can also check out the FS section of forums -try watchrecon.com - you get plenty of watch for $200 or less

GL Hunting

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

WATCHURSELF,That's the one I was looking at on e-bay,I've never heard of the site you listed above.

·
Registered
329 Posts
imported post

I have two Crotons.

One of them I won in a contest on this site!

The other is a Diver I purchased after I received the first one.

Both pictured below.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

As many of us know, Croton was a big player on ShopNBC for many years. That has passed. I still own at least fifteen Croton timepieces and some , especially the ones with the ETA 2824 in them are quite nice or at least I think so. These are pieces that are well done and long lasting. I've had mine for quite a few years now. Would love to sell a number of them, but Croton doesn't seem to do well on the secondary market even though I've moved a few.

If you need opinions, don't hesitate to ask here as many of us have had experience with the brand. Good luck bro ! :)

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I'd say they are about the same as Invicta only much smaller. They've had some good stuff but Arnie got them all.:lol

I've got one Croton with a Miyota auto movt that's about 5 years old and runs like a champ.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

BigTime738 wrote:
Yeah, I'd say they are about the same as Invicta only much smaller. They've had some good stuff but Arnie got them all.:lol

I've got one Croton with a Miyota auto movt that's about 5 years old and runs like a champ.
I forgot to mention thatI only paid $110for it BNIB and is virtually unkillable:

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I recently Re-Purchased a Croton - I've owned this particular watch 3-4 times now!!! LOL

I just recently purchased this model from a fellow WF. All I can say is...WOW.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts