Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

At $138 I might have to get one, even though I don't like the CF dial, but that is stupid low.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Which one do you like George? The blue or the silvertone with the black dial?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i already ordered one - will get a price adjustment tomorrow

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

which one?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I am going to wait and see it like, but the black is looking pretty cool to me.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Bought one once, and it wasnt my cup of tea!
what did you not like Ron. I know it is a little small for your normal tastes, but what about the watch's features, style etc. What was your feedback please.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I don't own any Miyota 8205 movements. Do they keep good time? It's kind of hit and miss with the Miyota 8215 movement. Sometimes they are accurate and other times they aren't calibrated very good. Of course this is the case with any automatic movement. I have an SW200 that is fast and one that is slow. Both Invicta watches I might add.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
what did you not like Ron. I know it is a little small for your normal tastes, but what about the watch's features, style etc. What was your feedback please.
Bracelet was a little light, it is a terrible design IMO, and the safety lock didnt line up and wouldnt stay closed. Next to the Pineapple I bought for my Field Supervisor, this was the worst Croton purchase and my last!

I am not a cronic complainer either so I just sent it packin instead of posting about my sad,sad story!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Bracelet was a little light, it is a terrible design IMO, and the safety lock didnt line up and wouldnt stay closed. Next to the Pineapple I bought for my Field Supervisor, this was the worst Croton purchase and my last!

I am not a cronic complainer either so I just sent it packin instead of posting about my sad,sad story!
Thanks for the feedback Ron. I will watch the presentation tonight and see what I think. So far to date i have not been a huge Croton fan either.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:

Thanks for the feedback Ron. I will watch the presentation tonight and see what I think. So far to date i have not been a huge Croton fan either.
I own 2 crotons and 1 Nicolet. They are okay watches, but you do get what you pay for when it comes to these brands.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

is it possible that croton watches are just cheap in general. i just looked at the pics and stats of this one and it looks a little cheap to me. maybe it will be different on the air and if you were holding it. i dont know why i feel this was but they just look lightweight and inexpensive to me.

i want to add that there is nothing wrong with that, but i am watching the show right now and so far everything is so low end priced that you have to wonder...

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I like that it has a domed saphire crystal and that it comes in a cool presentation box. The size is just right too.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I liked the presentation and ordered a blue one on the value pays (I got a blue one before they were gone). If I don't like it I will send it back, but the presentation was good and helped me make my decision.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Put up some pics and reviews when you guys get them in please. I actually cancelled my Croton Vortex because I just didn't feel comfortable with the brand. Curious to see what people think of this Super C though.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I liked the presentation and ordered a blue one on the value pays (I got a blue one before they were gone). If I don't like it I will send it back, but the presentation was good and helped me make my decision.
It looks like a pretty cool watch. I'm sure you will like it.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I've seen this one and worn it as my brother in law got one and all i gotta say is - it's not cheap -it feels like an Invicta OG on the wrist with a much better Bracelet

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Super C arrived broken. The snap down piece on the fold over clasp on the bracelet is unattached. Looks like the pin is missing or broken. This is my first broken watch of any kind from the Shop and I have some thoughts on it.

Like other Invicta watches I have received the watches are just NOT packed well INSIDE the actual watch boxes. Sure the watch is around a pillow or insert piece like in this case, BUT they can still move. The watch boxes are great if sitting in an actual store display window, but not really good when shipped. The watch moves around inside the watch box. I am not saying that this is what caused my watch to be broken this time, BUT I have received other watches from the Shop where the watch has clearly moved around a lot, shifted, etc. When I am selling or trading a watch with anyone I ALSO PACK THE WATCH inside the watch box with bubble wrap or cloths so it can not move at all. Every watch I receive from the Shop, including my Reserves HAS moved around a lot in the box during shipping. Just my 2 cents.

On to the watch -
Other then that the watch is pretty nice. I like the size and weight. It actually feels and looks larger on the wrist then the posted 47mm size. The automatic movement is very smooth but I wish the watch had an exhibition back. The packaging was ok and as good as other companies I have received.

I AM NOT sure about the carbon fiber dial with the blue lines. I have to look at it for a little while. Not sure yet.

I am going to take it home and look at it with my wife and decide if I am sending it back to the shop for just a full refund (because it is broken and I dont like it) or just take it to my jeweler to fix the pin on the clasp.

The pic below of the watch still has the plastic on the face.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts