Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Just back from the WG Croton Event. It was very nice. I got to meet the entire Croton team and they treated us very nicely. Food, drink and lots of watches. The Merm showed us the new Croton Tungsten and it will have a Swiss Sellita SW200 Automatic in three colors that will be coming out soon. They were the heaviest watches I have seen. They seemed to weigh a ton. He also brought out a one of a kind Nicollet pocket watch that he offered to sell for $350. I did not bite on that one. I did pick us a blue dial Super C for $125, no tax, no shipping.



I picked up several lower priced items for holiday gifts. They had watches from $5 and up (Sportivo for $100, Nicolette World Timer $100), watch storage boxes, some jewelry and novelty items (Roulette watch for $25).

I also met several of the guys from WG. Mehdi, Budabear, Blackstorm CF and others. It was nice to meet them.

All in all it was a very pleasant day. Good food, good people and good watches. :)

I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

That sounds awesome. Great to hear you had a good time. What did big joe do? Something purposely over the top?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I didn't get to meet Big Joe. Merm said he grabbed a diamond Super C, they only had one to offer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

of course he did, lol

cant wait to see your pics.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Also, The Merm said that Croton is hesitant to get in to the Chinese Tourbillions because of their lifetime warranty. They don't feel that they can service them for life and therefore may not jump on that movement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

interesting. It is a small market for people (compared to basic quartz buyers and standard automatics) who buy those anyway, so that might makes sense in the end.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,795 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a fun event. Before making the decision to host Thanksgiving at my place, I had considered going up to my Cousin's in Sayreville, NJ. I had plans to attend the Croton event.

Things changed. :)

It's interesting to read David's comment on the tourbillon. If he's worried about servicing the tourbillon, I wonder what it's life-expectancy is (or how problematic the repair issues might be)? Hmmmmm . . . .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Merm specifically said his watchmakers looked at the tourbillion and said that they could not repair or work on it. Maybe it is a tool issue or a training issue or both. It did not seem to be about the reliability of the movement at this point.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

dont forget also - they do a LIFETIME warranty. Not 1 year, 2 year, or 5 years - but lifetime. who knows what they tourby will be doing 25 years from now....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
dont forget also - they do a LIFETIME warranty. Not 1 year, 2 year, or 5 years - but lifetime. who knows what they tourby will be doing 25 years from now....
Correct,that was his amjor concern about the movement and the fact that his watchmakers were not familiar with service and repairs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Just back from the WG Croton Event. It was very nice. I got to meet the entire Croton team and they treated us very nicely. Food, drink and lots of watches. The Merm showed us the new Croton Tungsten and it will have a Swiss Sellita SW200 Automatic in three colors that will be coming out soon. They were the heaviest watches I have seen. They seemed to weigh a tone. He also brought out a one of a kind Nicollet pocket watch that he offered to sell for $350. I did not bite on that one. I did pick us a blue dial Super C for $125, no tax, no shipping. I picked up several lower priced items for holiday gifts. They had watches from $5 and up (Sportivo for $100, Nicolette World Timer $100), watch storage boxes, some jewlery and novelty items (roulette watch for $25).

I also met several of the guys from WG. Mehdi, Budabear, Blackstorm CF and others. It was nice to meet them.

All in all it was a very pleasant day. Good food, good people and good watches. :)

I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
Correction: It is a new Croton Tungsten and will will have a Swiss Sellita SW200 Automatic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
imported post

Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Bob wrote:
Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
It was held at the Croton Warehouse in NJ. The location is a few minutes from Giants Stadium in Moonachie NJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,836 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Bob wrote:
Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
It was held at the Croton Warehouse in NJ. The location is a few minutes from Giants Stadium in Moonachie NJ.
Thanks Marc, I just mentioned to Rob that it would be great to get try and have a meet up around one of these events. It may be impractical but it was just a thought. ....Bob
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bob wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Bob wrote:
Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
It was held at the Croton Warehouse in NJ. The location is a few minutes from Giants Stadium in Moonachie NJ.
Thanks Marc, I just mentioned to Rob that it would be great to get try and have a meet up around one of these events. It may be impractical but it was just a thought. ....Bob
That would be really cool. I was joking with my wife the other day. I told her if there was another WF/WG GT I was going to burn somevacation and fly out to meet everybody. I think that would be a lot of fun. I really would too. You guys are like family to me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Bob wrote:
Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
It was held at the Croton Warehouse in NJ. The location is a few minutes from Giants Stadium in Moonachie NJ.
Thanks Marc, I just mentioned to Rob that it would be great to get try and have a meet up around one of these events. It may be impractical but it was just a thought. ....Bob
That would be really cool. I was joking with my wife the other day. I told her if there was another WF/WG GT I was going to burn somevacation and fly out to meet everybody. I think that would be a lot of fun. I really would too. You guys are like family to me.
It was very cool to meet some of the guys and put a face to the Avatar. I'd like to have a freeks get together. It would take some planning and it might be hard to pick a location. I know they do regional things over at WG's. With us being smaller that might not work as well. If we want it to happen we need to make it happen.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think that in the coming year we will be able to do some regional smaller get togethers!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Bob wrote:
Thanks Marc, it sounds like all who attended had an awesome time. I do not remember hearing about this. Where was it held at? ....Bob
It was held at the Croton Warehouse in NJ. The location is a few minutes from Giants Stadium in Moonachie NJ.
Thanks Marc, I just mentioned to Rob that it would be great to get try and have a meet up around one of these events. It may be impractical but it was just a thought. ....Bob
That would be really cool. I was joking with my wife the other day. I told her if there was another WF/WG GT I was going to burn somevacation and fly out to meet everybody. I think that would be a lot of fun. I really would too. You guys are like family to me.
It was very cool to meet some of the guys and put a face to the Avatar. I'd like to have a freeks get together. It would take some planning and it might be hard to pick a location. I know they do regional things over at WG's. With us being smaller that might not work as well. If we want it to happen we need to make it happen.
I'm game. I have never been to New York or New Jersey so you guys could show me around. I was thinking about going out there for a vacation in the next year anyways this would just make it cooler. I have always wanted to see the Big Apple. Let me know if there is enough interest. We could call it the first official WFGT.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top