Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

its a very classy looking piece w/o being stuffy

i like it -looks like Croton got out their top notch designers for this one!!

i dont have any either but every now and then they come out with a great looking piece -and i'm sure the price will be reasonable as they are never over-priced IMO

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
its a very classy looking piece w/o being stuffy

i like it -looks like Croton got out their top notch designers for this one!!

i dont have any either but every now and then they come out with a great looking piece -and i'm sure the price will be reasonable as they are never over-priced IMO
I have never paid much attention to them other than the one that comes with the travel case. Hadn't much cared for them as I didn't see them as quality but this one has something imo.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

yeah some (if not alot) of their stuff is too old fashioned and just blah sales

but recently -they have had some great pieces every now and then

my brother in law got the latest Super C (round not square) and it is a really nice piece of work - i shoulda got one of those!!

UKWolfeman wrote:
I have never paid much attention to them other than the one that comes with the travel case. Hadn't much cared for them as I didn't see them as quality but this one has something imo.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

I just flat out love it! Jim's pics? They make anything he shoots look like a million bucks! Think that watch is one to own!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

1) I don't like the dragon - it is goofy to me. what's next a Croton Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle watch?? I LOVE some of the Croton watches but in general I am not a big fan of watches with snakes, fish, birds, or mythical dragons on ANY watches that are not for my 3 year old son.

2) I don't like the numbers, the size of them, placement, etc

3) And finally, and this is a big one, I do not like the strange "skull like" shape of the case.

I guess this one is just not for me. Just being honest.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I don't particulary like this new Croton either. I own 2 Croton's and they are great watches. I have to agree though that they don't come out with too many watches that just sing to me.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Not crazy about it but I do agree that Jim's photos make everything look good. Man, when I first saw the pics of that grey RD retrograde I almost fell over.....then I saw it was a quartz and picked myself back up......damn.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

This one doesn't appeal to my taste.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

first off let me say, that i have never been a fan of crotons styles.....and the one that i did like turned out to be a major dissapointment....the pineapple, or green vortex, or depth charge, or whatever the watch is called.

im not knocking anyone for having a croton watch or liking them, i just in particular do not like them.........different strokes for different folks.

now with this watch, what i dont get here is, its obviously supposed to be more of a dressy watch......why in the blue hell would you put a dragon like that on something that is supposed to be more of a dress watch............plus i have to say , the dragon looks very similar to the one that invicta uses for the subaqua's on the caseback or the dragon that they used on the dragon subaqua where they used it for the silly second hand..............

not my cup of tea at all, or coffee, or anything............but if it floats someones boat, thats fine with me......just my opinions on the watch, but that doesnt mean much..............

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I would love too give my opinion BUT I CANT SEE THE PICTURE !!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
first off let me say, that i have never been a fan of crotons styles.....and the one that i did like turned out to be a major dissapointment....the pineapple, or green vortex, or depth charge, or whatever the watch is called.

im not knocking anyone for having a croton watch or liking them, i just in particular do not like them.........different strokes for different folks.

now with this watch, what i dont get here is, its obviously supposed to be more of a dressy watch......why in the blue hell would you put a dragon like that on something that is supposed to be more of a dress watch............plus i have to say , the dragon looks very similar to the one that invicta uses for the subaqua's on the caseback or the dragon that they used on the dragon subaqua where they used it for the silly second hand..............

not my cup of tea at all, or coffee, or anything............but if it floats someones boat, thats fine with me......just my opinions on the watch, but that doesnt mean much..............
And most of you think I am opinionated, Dayum why dont you tell us how you really feel Don.

I have yet to find a Croton I like so I guess I dont need too see a pik to express that!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Thanx Don!!!

Now I will say I really dont like this type of case design, and I would never wear this watch. But I have to give props to the Croton people they are stepping outside of their usual box!

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
1) I don't like the dragon - it is goofy to me. what's next a Croton Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle watch?? I LOVE some of the Croton watches but in general I am not a big fan of watches with snakes, fish, birds, or mythical dragons on ANY watches that are not for my 3 year old son.

3) And finally, and this is a big one, I do not like the strange "skull like" shape of the case.

Agree on all points. Especially the skull thing, too creepy for my tastes.

·
Registered
258 Posts
imported post

I have never liked croton and i dont like this watch i agree with TVDinner
TVDinner wrote:

Attachments

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I have two Crotn's myself...both are very dressy...one is a touneau shaped and the other is rectangular shaped. They are nice, but not daily wearers. The new Croton shown here is not my style....maybe if I were younger..it would be cool.

I guess they were going for something totally different...but to me the name doesn't fit the looks of the watch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
imported post

I think I want to see it live before I make a decision one way or the other.

Certianly interesting though..

I am so crazy about my new anniversay Invicta Bolt - have not thought about a another watch for like ......24 hours.. ha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts