Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Croton C is getting hammered on all the forums tonight. :madd

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

1) many coming broken
2) most not coming in the promised and heavily promoted wood like box.

It is simple - don't give the customers what you advertised and what they purchased and you have unhappy customers.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Never been all that enthused with Croton, but this surprises me actually!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I'm sure David M will make it right -he's a class act!!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

The way things have been at the Shop lately this does not surprise me at all. I'm sorry to anybody thatgotscrewed on this.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

Just how is the Shop responsible for the packaging done at Croton??? They just ship the prepackaged merchandise they recieve from a vendor. It's a Croton issue if anything, due to miscommunication by Croton to ShopNbc regarding the packaging for this item. Obviously David M. did not know as well or he would have corrected it on air. Has anybody call Croton to find out about the mixup? Has Croton offered to replace the Box with the one shown on the presentation? Does anyone know or are we just jumping to conclusions?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I wont buy another croton because of the problems I have had and the problem other freaks are having

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
Just how is the Shop responsible for the packaging done at Croton??? They just ship the prepackaged merchandise they recieve from a vendor. It's a Croton issue if anything, due to miscommunication by Croton to ShopNbc regarding the packaging for this item. Obviously David M. did not know as well or he would have corrected it on air. Has anybody call Croton to find out about the mixup? Has Croton offered to replace the Box with the one shown on the presentation? Does anyone know or are we just jumping to conclusions?
I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I've had my fair share of problems with them and I'm done with them for a while. Hopefully things improve. As for this incident I have no idea what happened. There just seems to be lots of problems as of late and nobody seems to give you a straight answer there. If you like them thenkeep buying from them. I can find better deals elsewhere that's all.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:

1) I CALLED Croton today and spoke to Iris in customer service about my broken clasp. She offered to send me right out a new one. That was an example of perfect customer service.

2) I then told her about receiving the wrong box and that many others had received the wrong box. To that she had no idea about the mix up.
That IS THE PROBLEM. Croton was on a scheduled show on ShopNBC. They went on and on about the watch AND the box. They (BOTH ShopNBC and the Brand) could have EASILY made sure that they actually had the product that they were advertising to ship out to the customers. They did not do this. It is BOTH of their faults and ultimately Croton should be pissed that it is making their brand look poorly when it could have been EASILY avoided.

Let's be honest guys, this has nothing to do with if we do or do not like a brand or specific watch. This has to do with people DOING THEIR JOBS and caring about what they do and taking pride in how they operate. it seems weekly we hear about one problem after another with one of the brands. Why? Please don't tell me that it is just "volume" because i can not take that excuse any more. All I have heard for months and months is excuses about why this issue or that has happened. Eventually the "cheerleading" and blind devotion and following becomes old and some issues are impossible to ignore.

How about actually ADDRESSING the problems?? I run 2 relatively large companies and if we are doing something wrong or incorrectly on a regular basis WE ADDRESS this issue and FIX IT.

I am sorry to rant but I guess i just take PRIDE in doing a good job for my customers and for my employees.

In the end I am returning the watch not because of the broken clasp, or because of the box not being included as promised. i just do not like the watch so it is being returned. That simple.

My other points above are all just my humble opinion and general business thoughts about something I see happening over and over again with ShopNBC purchases.

EDIT - you said "Obviously David M. did not know" - well that is a big part of the problem. ShopNBC is their bread and butter for big sales. These mistakes can not happens and should not happen.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I understand, but if SNBC had to personally inspect all of it's inventory, then none of us could afford to buy any of the watches due to the incredible overhead that much labor would cause. The shop is just the middleman, not the vendor. They just send out what they receive. That's all I was saying.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
I understand, but if SNBC had to personally inspect all of it's inventory, then none of us could afford to buy any of the watches due to the incredible overhead that much labor would cause. The shop is just the middleman, not the vendor. They just send out what they receive. That's all I was saying.
I humbly disagree, but that is just my opinion. I don't have a dog in the fight, but I don't buy from ShopNBC anymore.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
that is where you have it mixed up. ShopNBC is not "the middleman". They ARE THE STORE selling the product. They are NO DIFFERENT then any store in the mall.

A watch store in the mall orders watches from a vendor (like Croton for this example). They get the watches into their store and then it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to check their inventory before putting them out to sell. if they have damaged inventory or display boxes that did not come with the watches then in is their responsibility to contact the vendor and get their inventory correct BEFORE selling to the customer.

Everyone keeps making excuses for ShopNBC. Why?????????? They are selling the watches, the TV's, the bedspreads. They are a STORE that happens to be on TV and not in a mall.

Please don't get any of this wrong. I like ShopNBC and have purchased many many many items from them (not just watches). But I should be able to expect they will do a good job like any other business.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
WatchNut wrote:
that is where you have it mixed up. ShopNBC is not "the middleman". They ARE THE STORE selling the product. They are NO DIFFERENT then any store in the mall.

A watch store in the mall orders watches from a vendor (like Croton for this example). They get the watches into their store and then it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to check their inventory before putting them out to sell. if they have damaged inventory or display boxes that did not come with the watches then in is their responsibility to contact the vendor and get their inventory correct BEFORE selling to the customer.

Everyone keeps making excuses for ShopNBC. Why?????????? They are selling the watches, the TV's, the bedspreads. They are a STORE that happens to be on TV and not in a mall.

Please don't get any of this wrong. I like ShopNBC and have purchased many many many items from them (not just watches). But I should be able to expect they will do a good job like any other business.
James has hit the nail on the head. They owe this CS to their customers that is if they want to keep their customers. CS is crucial to any company and you should get what you pay for. "The Customer is always right", even if they aren't. I managed retail stores for 10 years and every successful business practices this. You have a lot more to gain then to lose. An example of this is Costco. They have done very well b/c their customers come before the product.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I give. The Shop is just like a jewlery store in the mall. I guess that is why their inventory is several hundred miles away in a warehouse and not at their studio. It comes to them in a box with a number and they ship out the box with the number.

Crotom has already apologized for the error - Their error, not the shops. They said as much. Isn't that enough?

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
I give. The Shop is just like a jewlery store in the mall. I guess that is why their inventory is several hundred miles away in a warehouse and not at their studio. It comes to them in a box with a number and they ship out the box with the number.

Crotom has already apologized for the error - Their error, not the shops. They said as much. Isn't that enough?
WatchNut this goes far beyond Croton and their problems on this particular watch. This has been happening with all kinds of things lately. ShopNBC does own the warehouse in Bowling Green, KY so yes they are responsible for the products they ship out of their warehouse. I do see your point, but I don't think that ShopNBC should be off the hook just because the company they bought the product from doesn't produce. It is the Shop's responsibility to ship out the product they advertised on TV. That is the problem in corporate world. Everybody wants to place blame on somebody else. It is time for companies to step up to the plate and be responsible for what they are selling. If I sell a watch to somebody else and the watch isn't up to what I said then I should be responsible to make good on that sale. I can't point the finger at the company that I bought it from. If Itell the buyer thatthe watch is coming with the box and manual and then it doesn't should I tell my buyer to take it up with ShopNBC? I'm just saying...

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Sorry you guys ended up with some duds. From what I've read in the past, Croton will right it, but didn't they have the same garbage happen with the 2nd Pineapple that sold for $110? It's great that they want to offer folks the opportunity to pick up a watch at an affordable price but what the hell is the point if you have to send it back for repair or replacement. Yeah they have great CS, but does that mean that it should be leaned on every time there's a Croton special? Constant apologies don't make it all better! Good luck folks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

i returned my last watch to snbc yesterday! i ordered the 'once only' invicta akula diver in BLACK for $199.63? not sure of the cents. well i received the watch in BLUE! i called customer service and they said sorry but the black was sold out. i replied i knew that as i bought it 10 minutes prior to it being sold out. i asked them to send me a pre-paid shipping label and he said they would not pay for return shipping as when i bought it the shipping was free!! i then had to explain to this pea brain that they sent me the wrong color watch. he had to put me on hold for almost 4 minutes and advised me to send it back at my expence and make a copy of my shipping receipt and then fax it to them and they would pay me up tp $8.00 to cover the return costs. i only wish QVC would start up a watch hour a couple of times a week as their customer service is first class all the way. well i had 5 other watches that i bought from snbc in the last three weeks so i packed them up and sent them all back for a refund. they lost me forever and im sure they don't care...

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . I could be out in left field with this . . . But I get the sense that the Watch companies are getting specific input from Shop, as to which models they want to have on the air. Case in point, the Super C . . . and the Pineapple for that matter, were both very popular and sought after by collectors. The original versions were of very good quality, I have had both on my wrist, the new versions are not the same in build quality at all.

In the effort to put out what was asked of them, at a price point that was decided would sell well, the Brand sourced to meet the criteria. Sadly, the change in sourcing appears to have fallen short.

I amvery fond of David "The Merm", and I have to believe that he is not a happy man at this time, his company has a long standing reputation of good, and it is taking a beating.

My point here? I believe that Shop is the 800# canary in this issue and others, calling some shots, and is not fully able to encompass all the QC and CS issues that arise from the sales.

I could be wrong, but the wave that Shop is riding will have to hit the shore at some time . . . .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts