Watch Freeks banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
It’s a copy/replica of the 6105-8110 “Willard” case - I think forza was using a wee bit of sarcasm. No 🐢 here.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I guess the Chinese can't tell the difference in models they are cloning!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
The crown guard looks different, the top of the crown is screwed in flush with the case, not like current day turtles!
Yeah, Like a Captain Willard.🙂Honestly, I didn't realize the difference until I read a recent worn & wound review...o_O:unsure:

·
Registered
634 Posts
My green one has now been accepted by the airline. Still can't believe I have paid £143 for a watch with a £100 movement in it. There are no YouTube videos on this watch, so may do one when it arrives, and pop it on here

·
Registered
634 Posts
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I guess the Chinese can't tell the difference in models they are cloning!
As far as I know Seiko never made a bronze version, so it can hardly be a clone. Secondly, the Cronos version is probably superior in just about every way, but still costs a fraction of the price. WIN WIN

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
As far as I know Seiko never made a bronze version, so it can hardly be a clone. Secondly, the Cronos version is probably superior in just about every way, but still costs a fraction of the price. WIN WIN
I was talking about case design, not the materials used!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
That's true, but let us not forget Seiko make a fair few homages themselves, including the subby.
They all do, in fact, there have been some who say Rolex ripped off the Blancpain 50 Fathoms design, although I don't think that is true.

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
634 Posts
They all do, in fact, there have been some who say Rolex ripped off the Blancpain 50 Fathoms design, although I don't think that is true.
This is my point. There are so called watch enthusiasts who happily tolerate, even encorouge homages from various manufacturers, but condemn them from others

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
This is my point. There are so called watch enthusiasts who happily tolerate, even encorouge homages from various manufacturers, but condemn them from others
Ha Ha, that's because it is their favorite brand being "Homaged"!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts