Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I bit.... just ordered this watch after seeing what the PT5000 movement was all about!

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I bit.... just ordered this watch after seeing what the PT5000 movement was all about!
Ha... 🤣 I'm in too... Been wanting to poke at one of these PT5000 movements for a goof. I went with the green. Let me guess, you went with the blue... Again...lol !🤣 This is so not like me. But if it runs at 28.8, I gotta check it out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The most accurate and stable movement in my collection is a PT5000. It's a peach !

Unfortunately it doesn't presently fit into my collection at the moment, but what a great bargain. Cronos make fantastic watches, and with that movement it has to be worth three times that. ENJOY, and let us know what you think when it arrives

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Yeah, holy cowza, almost looks computer generated it's so perfect
sir. 😮😵..Can't believe all of the versions, along with bells, and
whistles as well ! And you even have the choice of the SW200?!! 😲
This one gives you the best of both worlds, or all worlds I guess.
Love that True, thanks a ton for the report !!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I hope the OP feels guilty. After seeing this watch, I just sold one of my own to buy it. That deal is so good I couldn't help myself. Chronos make excellent watches, and the spec for the money is just crazy. The PT5000 movement on it's own is worth that much :)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Supposedly the PT5000 is Chronometer grade according to the German Wempe Glashutte Laboratory,

·
Registered
630 Posts
Supposedly the PT5000 is Chronometer grade according to the German Wempe Glashutte Laboratory,
It's a Chinese clone of the ETA2824. Nothing wrong with that, as there are several already, and it's a brilliant movement. Yes, they are all regulated before they leave the factory, unlike the basic ETA and Sellita equivalents. The one I have in my Geckota G-02 runs like a quartz. On my timegrapher it produces an almost straight line. Like I said, the asking price for this watch is crazy, don't miss out, I haven't !!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Great looking watch at a great price. Just not sure I want another bronze right now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey True,
Thanks for the lead man. What are we looking at as far as delivery time ? This is my first go round with these guys.:unsure:
Buy it from their Ebay Store. I got bot my Cronos watches there,Last one only took 6 days to ship.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also join the Cronos FB group Maxi always gave me special treatment when I made a purchase.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hey True,
Thanks for the lead man. What are we looking at as far as delivery time ? This is my first go round with these guys.:unsure:
I only placed one order through them (but it was for five watches as four were gifts). I went through AliExpress. Once the watches shipped, I received them in five days. It took a few days to get the watches ready because I was doing both a custom logo on the dial and engraved case back for all five watches. A bonus was that Maxi only charged me the cost of doing the custom work for one watch, so that saved me $280.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Buy it from their Ebay Store. I got bot my Cronos watches there,Last one only took 6 days to ship.

Also join the Cronos FB group Maxi always gave me special treatment when I made a purchase.

I only placed one order through them (but it was for five watches as four were gifts). I went through AliExpress. Once the watches shipped, I received them in five days. It took a few days to get the watches ready because I was doing both a custom logo on the dial and engraved case back for all five watches. A bonus was that Maxi only charged me the cost of doing the custom work for one watch, so that saved me $280.
Thanks fellas,
I went the Ali-baba route not knowing any better. As of last night, they said it wouldn't even ship for 5 more days. But, I know they always pad their shipping time. No worries.:)

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Ha... 🤣 I'm in too... Been wanting to poke at one of these PT5000 movements for a goof. I went with the green. Let me guess, you went with the blue... Again...lol !🤣 This is so not like me. But if it runs at 28.8, I gotta check it out.
I went with the green also, I have too many blue watches!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Is this watch closer to a Turtle or a Willard ?😀
The crown guard looks different, the top of the crown is screwed in flush with the case, not like current day turtles!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts