Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had one of the pins holding the main band to the case of a coutura shear off. The band is still holding on by one side so I can't get a good view of the construction. This is a two-tone tapered band with either a single very long pin or two short pins. Before I dive in and start poking at things, I thought I would ask if anyone knows how to safely remove the remaining pin and how to reinstall new pins.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I'm not familiar with this watch at all. Can you post a picture please?
If not your own, a link to a place that is selling one so we can see what you are talking about.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Seiko correct ??
Just get a spring bar remover or if your not comfortable doing it yourself take it to jeweler to do it 10-15 $$ if that,better safe then sorry if you don't know how.
Just my opinion

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well. That didn't work. Will try again later.
WRITE THE MODEL ID.....NUMBER.....Seiko SNAE56 Coutura ,Seiko SNP068 Coutura, ETC ...ALSO IS IS WRITTEN IN THE CASE BACK.CHECK IN AMAZON BY THE COTURA MODELS BECAUSE IN EBAY IS A LOT OF SEIKOS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are two pix. One of the face and one of the side where the bracelet attaches to the case. I have pin removal tools I just wanted to know if anyone had performed this operation on this model before. I also need to get a replacement pin or pins. Any ideas? Otto Frei?

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
I'm guessing it's a spring bar from what you have shown. Can you shoot a close-up of the back? I'm interested in knowing the model (8 digit number) and I'd like to see the end links where they meet the case. Maybe a shot of where it came apart, too?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Four20, Here is a picture of the back. The watch is a Seiko Coutura caliber 7D48-DAB0. As you can see, there is no access to the pin from the back. I tried pushing the pin in from the outside but it isn't budging. I don't think it is a spring bar. The end piece of the pin that sheared off must have fallen out on the outside of the case since it is captured on the inside and its gone.

It might be a friction pipe but I am hesitant to try and push harder without more knowledge.
Any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a friction pipe. I managed to push out the other side. One 22mm long 0.90 mm dia pin and a single friction pipe that fits in the case. Problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts