Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing the web the other day and was reminded that I was interested in an Xeric 50 year anniversary of the moon landing watch. I found out about it right here on WF's. Long story short I pulled the trigger on the quartz model it was $250.00 with an instant $50.00 off code. now i wait, which is the hardest part!

Website: https://www.xeric.com/collections/trappist-1-nasa-apollo-11-watches

BORROWED PIC FROM THE WEBSITE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Really is unique, and will be one that really stands out on the
wrist, and also within the collection I bet db ! :thumb::thumb:

Liking how the entire watch takes on a cool space theme. It's
one you won't be able to take your eyes off when you get it. :)

Big congratulations ahead of time there !!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
That would probably be me you remember posting about it what seems like forever ago. You were still able to get an I.S.S. version ??? I ordered the same one with the auto for $300 forever ago. I just read on the website that they just started shipping on the 15th. Hope I got a low LE# to make it worth the wait. It's been so long that I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to ship. Nice choice. :thumb: If the lume is half of what they say it is. These things should be awesome. Licensed by NASA, a real star map, a miniaturized piece of the space station, a Horween strap that's rolled to look like space gloves, Hesalite domed crystal and a one time only eagle 50th anniversary rotor/emblem. Not gonna get psyched though until I get my email telling me its on the way. :bounce2:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would probably be me you remember posting about it what seems like forever ago. You were still able to get an I.S.S. version ??? I ordered the same one with the auto for $300 forever ago. I just read on the website that they just started shipping on the 15th. Hope I got a low LE# to make it worth the wait. It's been so long that I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to ship. Nice choice. :thumb: If the lume is half of what they say it is. These things should be awesome. Licensed by NASA, a real star map, a miniaturized piece of the space station, a Horween strap that's rolled to look like space gloves, Hesalite domed crystal and a one time only eagle 50th anniversary rotor/emblem. Not gonna get psyched though until I get my email telling me its on the way. :bounce2:

Did you ever receive your Xeric??? I'm still waiting, they said mid March.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Dude we're screwed... As long as this pandemic is in China. Then so are our watches.
I've waited so long that I forgot I ordered it until you brought it up. Hopefully they will get back to normal life there soon. I'm thinking more like April.
I know the circumstances did not help matters. But this will surely be my first and last Kickstarter watch EVER !

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude we're screwed... As long as this pandemic is in China. Then so are our watches.
I've waited so long that I forgot I ordered it until you brought it up. Hopefully they will get back to normal life there soon. I'm thinking more like April.
I know the circumstances did not help matters. But this will surely be my first and last Kickstarter watch EVER !

I just went to the website and they are listed as temporally out of stock, I thought they were only making 1,969 of these? Hmmmm....

https://www.watches.com/products/xeric-trappist-1-nasa-edition-i-s-s-tqn-1127-12l

UPDATE: I just got this response from their customer service:

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your preorder of the Xeric Trappist-1 NASA Edition! If you pre-ordered this watch prior to February of 2020, the estimated ship date for your watch is currently still on track for late March 2020.

When your order has shipped, you'll receive an automated notification email with a tracking number so you can follow the shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience. We appreciate your business!

Brooke

Xeric Watches

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no word on this purchase either..

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Dennis maybe they just haven't made the entire amount of 1969
yet, and that is why it says sold out. :thumb: But yeah, that email is
right about thanking you for your patience that is for sure. :)

Can imagine things are delayed even more also. With what's going
on in the world too right now.

Will be a cool day when it finally arrives sir. THX so much for the news,
and update on things !

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Dude, I ordered an Omega fake from China. It got here in eight days. Xeric is having more problems filling these orders than their letting on. Maybe bit off a little more than they can chew so to say... Anyway, I'm sure we'll get them eventually. Maybe next year. But we'll get them. Last time I shell out money before the watch is made EVER ! :mad3:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
^^^ A fake Omeeeeeeeeega!!
:mad1:

Atta boy!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Not just any Omega. Its the James Bond Limited Edition Seamaster for about $6500 less. Comes with a sterile swirled dial, sapphire crystal, lumed ceramic 120 click bezel, 25 jewel auto movement that when last I checked was running at +3 seconds for this whole week. Lets see, It also has a helium release valve, screw down crown and is built to the exact same specifications.
Bought it on a goof since I would NEVER spend that kind of money on a watch. I am extremely pleased with what I got for $90. Lume is probably better than your Sub.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey db, You get the 50% off coupon for Xeric's latest watch ??? I promptly deleted it...
Yep, I sure did... and i also promptly chuckled then deleted. I haven't had much luck with watch purchases lately, with one being "lost" in Russia and the Xeric fiasco maybe its a sign to cool the purchases for awhile so that is exactly what i'm doing! 🙂

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey db, You get the 50% off coupon for Xeric's latest watch ??? I promptly deleted it...
Also got this today:

Hello DENNIS,

Thank you for pre-ordering the Trappist-1 NASA Edition I.S.S.. When we first made the NASA watches available for pre-order, we estimated they would be ready to ship out in March 2020. When the coronavirus hit China, it drastically limited production with mandated closures to businesses and factories. It's truly unprecedented and, as you're well aware, it's wreaking havoc on the global supply chain as well as major economies. Even Apple, the #1 brand in the world, is only at 50% production capacity. If there was no coronavirus outbreak, we're confident we would have already received the watches to ship out to you.

The factory is finally back up and running, but they're still not at full capacity. Based on the factory's assembly capacity, they've provided an updated estimate that the final batch of watches should be ready at the end of April at which time we'd ship them out to you. We don't like hearing this information as much as you.

Rest assured that we will fulfill your order. It will just take a little longer than originally estimated as our suppliers try to keep themselves and their employees safe from this deadly virus.

If you have any questions, please simply reply to this email and we will do our best to assist you.

Thanks
Order Support

4155 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Suite 101

Danville CA 94506

1 - 20 of 30 Posts