Watch Freeks banner

Could be the most fun car I've bought!

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  jjdeal79 
#1 ·
2014 Ford Fiesta ST (FiST). Oxford white with no additional options. Available options are: Recaro seats- heated with heated mirrors, sunroof, navigation, painted wheels and calipers, optional orange or envy green. I absolutely love it! Definitely stiff riding and hits rough pavement or uneven pavement quite hard. Everything else it does makes up for it. Outstanding turn in and front end bite. It begs you to see how large your gonads are. Great usable low end torque for daily driving that separates this car from others, other than the new 15 VW GTI. I loved my 06 GTI, but VW reliability leaves everything to be desired. I'm in the new car business and have been since 1995, that's a fact about VW. It's definitely more money too and it requires premium fuel for anyone who cares. Mine does not, but you should for full power potential and best mpg. My MSRP was only $22,225. Ford is offering $1000 rebate and 0% for 60 mos. It has what I consider to be a great Sony stereo with touch screen and all kinds of tech for the cost. Even wi-fi capable. Comes with XM and HD radio. Passive keyless and push button start. The competition for me was the new Civic Si sedan, Honda Accord sport sedan 6m, Hyundai Veloster turbo, Hyundai Genesis 2.0T R spec coupe, and the 2014 WRX sedan. This car was pretty much the easy choice. After I drove it, I joined a couple of forums, shocking, and found it has won over 23 awards worldwide. 300 miles on it and still taking it easy. Can't wait for some NC mountain runs!
I even posted a thread for owners over 35 and 90 days plus of ownership to see if it grew old on them or the "wow" factor wore off. Not one person said it did, in fact, most said they like it more and more every day. Even had guys in their 60's replying!!! (I'm 42).

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
SWEET!

Both my nephews work at dealerships that sell Ford as well as other brands both nephews bought Focus STs. I have driven them both and they are unbelievable. My younger nephew did a few mods the other one hasn't had his that long but plans of doing a few mods as well. I haven't gotten to drive the Fiesta ST yet. Waiting until they get one in long enough for me to get a chance both these St models go fast.

#5 ·
The Fiesta ST is the one that has wowed the automotive press. 23 awards and counting. Top Gear's Car of the Year and Hatchback of the Year. Road and Track's Performance Car of 2013 or 2014 - final three. Car and Driver 10 Best. Automobile All Star. I didn't know this until after I drove it, with the exception of the Road and Track article.

Reactions: ganson
#6 ·
I've been eyeballing the ST for a little bit now. Contemplating trading in my GLI for one.

If i land this new job I am shooting for it will be a tough call trading down to that or getting something a little more utilitarian.

Congrats on an awesome little pocket rocket.

#7 ·
I looked off and on for a MKV GLI manual, but there were none to be found with low miles and they were all black. Love those cars like no other. Compared to all the other cars I test drove, the price and fun factor just blew them away. I wanted to like the Genesis coupe, but it has no torque or power in the normal rpm range. That and it has staggered wheels and Brembo brakes with no cruise control, but I loved the looks. The Si was probably tied with the Accord Sport for 2nd for me.

#8 ·
My GLI is a mkVI, and it desperately needs to either lose 200lbs or gain another 30hp :)

I drove the Genesis when I was looking and realized after a while that to get the performance I wanted I would have to go with the v6 model. Glad I didn't, because we had a nasty winter this year and I don't think I would have gotten a Genesis out of my driveway, let alone the neighborhood.

#10 ·
And it has an overboost function for 20 seconds :) Quite a few have dyno'd 210 ftlbs plus to the tires. That's what adds to the fun factor.

#11 ·
Windows tinted this week, looks much better.

Attachments

Reactions: johnro6659
#13 ·
Thanks!

#15 ·
The only two things I've really had to get used to is not having a back up camera (I know- whooptee) and how it slams manhole covers or anything uneven on the road, like a bridge joint. I avoid potholes, manholes, and every other road imperfection like never before. Thinking about getting the Cobb tuner soon. If it improves anything like my 06 GTI did with Revo tuning, it's the best $500 you can spend on a car.

#17 ·
I was going to get one for me and let my wife drive our 2013 Escape and my wife didn't want to drive it. She would rather drive her 07 G6 Pontiac. Crazy or what.

I drove the ST and it was so much fun.

Have fun with your new toy.

Jimmy

I am 68 and I traded a 2006 Corvette for the Escape. My kids thought I went nuts. That was my first ever Ford.

#19 ·
That thing was replaced by a 14 Mustang GT 6 speed in white with the track package. Much better riding car for daily driving. After 30 plus minutes in the Fiesta, I couldn't wait to get out. Great car if you live near mountains or curvy roads though, truly fantastic at back road hooliganism. I do miss the gas mileage, bottom end turbo power, and technology though.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.