Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Testing Costco's return policy. My wife took this one today LOL You can tell the trees have been in the ground for some time as they are no longer round from the pot. NOR does Costco sell trees this large LOL :%

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
imported post

As long as you have the receipt. I think the guy forgot to water them....all three(or four)of them.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
imported post

That is hilarious!

Yes, you can beat the living $h!* out of something, flush it, run over it and still return it to Costco.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

If he had his receipt, I bet he got his money back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
imported post

Unless there was a major problem with the trees--(does happen) this guy has a lot of nerve.
I once saw people try to return half opened food from a family gathering trying to say they bought too much and wanted to return the unused hot dogs etc. Manager told them to take a hike. Good for him. People in line applauded him. It takes all kinds.

·
Registered
486 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
If he had his receipt, I bet he got his money back.
Costco does not require a receipt. They have computers and they can check when and where it was bought. I once took back a water hose that was around 3 or 4 years old. No receipt of course and they immediately refunded my money. I then bought a new one there. However, since A.com and other internet companies have come online, I don't buy electronics there anymore (or watches). I usually can get much better prices online. And with A.com and e.Bay I always have the safety with their warranties. But boy, do I spend money on food at Costco.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

My wife took the picture, I wasn't there. But I personally would of said, it was his fault there is nothing we can do about it. They look to be about 6+ months old and I know this Costco doesn't sell those trees even near that size, these were 7ft+ trees...

Some people take advantage of the policy and could end up ruining it for the rest of us.

·
Registered
486 Posts
imported post

STØLÅS Watch Co. wrote:
My wife took the picture, I wasn't there. But I personally would of said, it was his fault there is nothing we can do about it. They look to be about 6+ months old and I know this Costco doesn't sell those trees even near that size, these were 7ft+ trees...
Some people take advantage of the policy and could end up ruining it for the rest of us.
Stolas, that is *exactly* what happened with the life-time return policy with computers, TVs and cameras. People were taking advantage of the return policy and it didn't take long for Costco to figure out there were people abusing this warranty. Thus the life-time satisfaction guarantee does not apply to those items any more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts