Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have always liked watches, my passion started when I set myself a project. The task was to spend £500 on watches, and double my money. After some research I soon realised there was a decent market in Cortebert watches. If you don't already know, they used to make some of the movements for Rolex up until the mid 70s, when the quartz revolution pretty much put them out of business. Their own watches were excellent, although never considered luxury. I was managing to buy good used watches from Eastern Europe for about £30/£40 and selling them for £100+. The market soon changed when the sellers from such countries realised they could get more from western European buyers. I once paid £30 for a Cortebert Grand Prix, and sold it for £105 within a week. Now that same watch is fetching up to £300, although the occasional bargain still comes up.

Today I decided I want for myself, with no current intention to flip it. I was lucky enough to find what looks like a great condition 1960s, 37mm Grand Prix for £66 delivered from Sebia. The pictures look very good, and it's time keeping is meant to be excellent. A new strap more in keeping with the watch is on the way.

·
Super Moderator
8,933 Posts
Now that is outstanding Mrs Wiggles, and holy cow it really IS
in great shape ! :clap2: :) Just the case looks extraordinary, and
near perfect from here, and how about the dial?!! :eek: You have
the curved silk-like sunray dial, and then super long hands,
and beautiful markers.

Even the sub-dial rocks !

A giant congratulations to you !!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts