Watch Freeks banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ordered a Claude Dozorme about a year ago from A Touch of Modern and the knife .is a French Laguiole pocket knife. I became a knife collector from that point. I have many Laguioles, Opinels, and a couple of Cold Steels but my coolest one is my L'Epicurien by Robert David with horn scales.
The L'Epicurien is a gentelmans knife for the fact it can be carried in your shirt pocket like a pen because of the pen clip and sleek design. Click the link and you will see 2 models of the knife I'm referring to. Youtube.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ordered a Claude Dozorme about a year ago from A Touch of Modern and the knife .is a French Laguiole pocket knife. I became a knife collector from that point. I have many Laguioles, Opinels, and a couple of Cold Steels but my coolest one is my L'Epicurien by Robert David with horn scales.
This is a video from youtube of the L'epicurien knife in question.

·
Super Moderator
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hobefabu, those are just extraordinary, and love the whole theme of
them seeming like a pen, but then being these super sleek knives,
and works of art ! :smile1:

Seriously look as beautiful closed, as they do when open sir !

P.S. guess this is one of those examples when the pen, and the
sword are equally mighty. :clap2: ..Thanks so so much for the look !!!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
This really is just the best hearing about all of this like this sir ! :clapping-hands-abov

Can really only imagine how exciting it has been tracking down all of
those terrific childhood items, and refreshing some of those amazing
memories at the same time. ..It's going to be unbelievably cool when
the hunt for everything is completed. :smile1::clap2:

Then who knows, then maybe another new hunt can begin Frans ! :thumb: :)

In any case, honestly can't say enough how great it was to hear about, or
read about all of this. ..Thanks so very much !!!

The 'museum':

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Cool stuff Frans, once again my eyes zoom in on those old racquet presses. Nice vintage Olympus microscope too among among everything else.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Cool stuff Frans, once again my eyes zoom in on those old racquet presses. Nice vintage Olympus microscope too among among everything else.

That microscope was an absolute steal. I must have mentioned it before but I paid something like 55 Euro for it and I had to contact the seller, he asked me to call him. He wanted to know why I wanted it and if I was going to keep it. I explained the story of my youth and he said: "it's yours, I know it will be in good hands".

·
Super Moderator
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The 'museum':

And this just 50% of the collection :D

Yowza Frans, somehow missed the tour of the museum ! :jaw::eek2::smileyface_hand_cla

Actually can tell that every ONE of these treasures in in the right
hands to be totally honest. I mean you don't have these items in
order to sell them off, or anything. ..You have them because you
really appreciate them, and what they mean, and have a really
cool connection to not only the items, but times they came from ! :cool:

Think it's extraordinary sir, and just love how many different
hobbies, or interests you are into. ..You really could, or should
make a museum there !

"Frans's Fantastical Time Machine Museum !" :clapping-hands-abov

How's that sound?!! ..Thanks so much once again Frans ! Wow,
have to take all of this in for a little longer !!!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Thanks all for your willingness to view my small collection and apologies to the OP for shamelessly stealing his thread. The large Bolex camera took the most effort to complete. I had to buy the body and after that the special lens (on of the first attempts to make a semi automatic lens), the electric motor was sourced in Germany and restored by me, to find the exposure meter in visually good state (and complete) took over a month, the lens hood came from the US and I had one part for the lens (the connector piece for the combined zoom/trigger handle made locally which took two attempts because of missing dimensions. These two parts didn't come together with the lens and because of that I could buy it for a relatively low amount.

The first time I saw this camera in the configuration it is now, I had to have one. But one part is still missing: the rubber eye piece for the view finder. They are becoming very rare, the rubber is often deteriorated and therefore good exemplars are very expensive. The camera needs two eye pieces and I have one but the most important one is still missing.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts