Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/S-yAi7O9xt8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash] Can you tell that I'm excited about Accutron right now??

Compared to a commercial done in 2007

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/aqlQ2Yiymbw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Quite a difference in marketing styles there! I miss the more subtle, calm, facts instead of the loud, fast, abrasion.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
Quite a difference in marketing styles there! I miss the more subtle, calm, facts instead of the loud, fast, abrasion.
I agree. You actually learn a little in the 1960's version as opposed to the 2007 version. I like the 2007 version because you get a sneak peak at all of their popular models.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

very cool comparison. I actually think I like the old one better, lol.

splashing water on naked bodies does not sell watches for me, lol.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
very cool comparison. I actually think I like the old one better, lol.

splashing water on naked bodies does not sell watches for me, lol.
I could do without the splashing water on naked bodies as well. I do like that it shows sneakpeaks of the VX-200 Chronograph. You probably knew I would say that Ha Ha LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Thanks Watchguru 58, an interesting comparison of television comercials. I definetly like the 1960 comercial. It explaines the tuning fork and has the price. $125.00 is a lot of money for a timepiece back then. The modern version comercial has a lot of flash and shows some Acutron products but I must be a nostolgia freek. Did you notice how smooth the second hand moved in the 1960 comercial? It must have been the tuning fork they used in their timepieces back than. An interesting comparison from different generations. ....Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts