Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am not sure if this is the correct place for this but I see people saying that they will accept Conus as payment or for payment or something I don't know what conus is I've tried to do a search but can't find anything

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
Continental US of A. Some specify Shipped to only the 48, which I don't understand because if you ship USPS Priority, it'll charge same to Alaska, Hawaii and even Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Continental US of A. Some specify Shipped to only the 48, which I don't understand because if you ship USPS Priority, it'll charge same to Alaska, Hawaii and even Puerto Rico.
Exactly this, and I don't get it either. Maybe a bigger chance of it getting lost, but even that is a stretch.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They may have seen that movie Castaway with Tom Hanks and gotten scared

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I never ship a "higher end" watch via USPS, NEVER. I ship UPS via parcel pro. Much more reliable and better insurance options for domestic and international shipments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
Thanks for clarifying, Mark. I was 100pct sure it was Continental for way too long.
That's great advice. Never considered UPS. How long does it usually take using the UPS Pro way within USA?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I never ship a "higher end" watch via USPS, NEVER. I ship UPS via parcel pro. Much more reliable and better insurance options for domestic and international shipments

Words to live by. What about FedEx? I'm assuming that they're at the same level of service as UPS, yes?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I've never had a problem, shipping or receiving, with USPS.

Same here, and have shipped way over 100 watches by USPS. ZERO issues

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Words to live by. What about FedEx? I'm assuming that they're at the same level of service as UPS, yes?

There is a difference between ups and FedEx and what Mark is talking about.

Ups and FedEx are good and fast and better tracking but does not cover expensive jewelry for insurance.

That is why Mark uses parcel pro. You can safely send very expensive jewelry and watches and insure for whatever amount. You can not do so regularly with going straight to the courier.

https://parcelpro.com

(Addressing the other points in this thread)

As far as USPS and CONUS...no there is no other paperwork involved like when sending international...but my experience is if it has to go over an ocean...more problems. Especially with USPS. If I know the person is a good guy I will consider it. But so many people don't realize once it ships I have no control over it and they act like idiots hounding you until it arrives etc. I just cover myself and do conus only 99% of the time.

As far as USPS and no issues....if you had no issues..that is great. But because someone had no issues., does not mean countless others have not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here, and have shipped way over 100 watches by USPS. ZERO issues
Same here. Seems like USPS is least cost, least hassle, most reliable within the US.........and when there is an issue, most of the time they are on top of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes... Conus usually describes the shipping area and not payment. And as stated in previous replies means Continental US (mainland)

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Yes... Conus usually describes the shipping area and not payment. And as stated in previous replies means Continental US (mainland)

No, CONUS means contiguous US

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
For USPS shipping purposes, CONUS includes Alaska, Hawaii, and other US protectorates, such as Puerto Rico.

I believe you are correct. USPS will ship standard priority to all 50 US states and its territories.

Continental US in regular terms means all 48 mainland states and Alaska.

Contiguous US means only the 48 connected states and DC, and excludes Hawaii and Alaska.

I think this is where many (including myself at times) get confused.

For many years UPS (United Parcel Service) has listed the continental US as the contiguous US, meaning the 48 connected states.

So, if you are using USPS, you can ship out of the 48 states with no customs forms or extra charges as long as it's a US state or territory.

UPS and Fedex are a little different and may charge more/have extra forms.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
only sell-ship to CONUS-

broke my rule and shipped USPS to TORONTO...yada-yada a fist sized hole in the box... the watch ok...BUT INSURANCE DID NOT COVER IT AFTER THE HAND OFF TO CANADA POST ..it was a 10 c note CREPAS CAYMAN...pooped blood for a while...note to self-CONUS ONLY-

CONUS only at my level

USPS/PRIORITY/INSURED/TRACKING/ ok by me... though i respect the comments on private carriers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts