Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

New Subaqua Venom announced. Coming out in Jan 2010.

This one will be all steel
Movement - new Valgranges A07.211 automatic chronograph movement

Strap/Bracelet - interchangeable bracelet/strap system.

What do you guys who love Venoms think.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

It's great to see this movement in use . . .

However . . .

I'm going to catch hell for this . . . but WHY would they pick THIS watch, to put in THIS movement? (sorry Venom owners).

Damn, I wish they would have used the movement in a model that appeals to me. Oh well! :(

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

DITTO!!!

CurrentTime wrote:
It's great to see this movement in use . . .

However . . .

I'm going to catch hell for this . . . but WHY would they pick THIS watch, to put in THIS movement? (sorry Venom owners).

Damn, I wish they would have used the movement in a model that appeals to me. Oh well! :(

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

While I am a Venom owner and I love my watch (red dial and black strap) - I don't care for the lack of color on this one. I'm sure it will sell though - it just doesn't appeal to me !!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I think you guys are missing the point. This will all be about money. I anticipate this will start off a very expensive item and they will get it with the demand. If they put it in a lower cost model they can't make as much in the initial sales push.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

The ValGrange Movement is the new 7750 -i dont know the #

it is exclusive and very expensive

this will put this Watch probably over $1,000

i personally wouldve preferred to see it in a SAS rather then the venom

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
i personally wouldve preferred to see it in a SAS rather then the venom
that I agree with 100%

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I just can't fathom that many Venom lovers will actually buy this watch.

In the mean time, there are plenty of folks who would buy the movement, if it were in another case (like the SAS or the SAIII, or ANYTHING ELSE). If the appeal of this watch is the movement, why not put it into a case that's also appealing?

Even when this watch hits the "deal-a-day" sites at a greatly reduced price, I still won't buy it.

To me . . . this is another example of how Invicta misses the boat! There are guys like me, waiting for auto movements (and with some money in my pocket) and who totally appreciate the movement, but it will go to another brand, once again.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I agree Rick purely from the stanpoint that the Venom's not for me (too big)...but I am glad to see the big "I" venturing out and putting auto's in different case.:bHopefully, as you say, we will see the movement appear in some of the other models or better yet....totally new and innovative models!:c:c

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
I just can't fathom that many Venom lovers will actually buy this watch.

In the mean time, there are plenty of folks who would buy the movement, if it were in another case (like the SAS or the SAIII, or ANYTHING ELSE). If the appeal of this watch is the movement, why not put it into a case that's also appealing?

Even when this watch hits the "deal-a-day" sites at a greatly reduced price, I still won't buy it.

To me . . . this is another example of how Invicta misses the boat! There are guys like me, waiting for auto movements (and with some money in my pocket) and who totally appreciate the movement, but it will go to another brand, once again.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I bet Invicta will make a few and take orders on the rest, i love my SS Venom but right now it would be crazy to mass produce a thousand dollar watch.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

The instructions CLEARLY stated that Venom LOVERS should comment and all of you Neer-do-wells (except Steve and Mike Izzy) chime in...:lol

I guess I can too, then:%

The original G10 Venom on bracelet was over $1000 initially, right? Renato gets REALLY PROUD of their swiss autos, I know, but they add $1200-1500 to the price for a Valgrange. I think this will be EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITIES and Exorbitant.

I have no idea why they want to put THIS movement in this watch.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Well Izzy isnt the only one, I too will probably buy this watch. Out of all of the Big Invicta's, the Venom is the Most over the top in your face hold F$%* look at me design. Having this particular color combo in my palms, I can tell you it is by far the best of the lot IMO!!!

I am not a Auto movement guy, but I probably will grab this one, just because I can!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Well Izzy isnt the only one, I too will probably buy this watch. Out of all of the Big Invicta's, the Venom is the Most over the top in your face hold F$%* look at me design. Having this particular color combo in my palms, I can tell you it is by far the best of the lot IMO!!!

I am not a Auto movement guy, but I probably will grab this one, just because I can!
I assumed you would get one Ron, lol.

I like the silver on silver look and my 2 favorite Venom looks, if I was to get one are this combination or the black one with the yellow face (model 5736).

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i love that model and watch, but an someone who cares little if it is an automatic. i would happily take this watch in the current quartz option.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

There are many over-sized watch fans that can appreciate a quality movement. Why NOT use this movement in this watch?

I'm not sure if I'll grab one or not, but I definitely like the idea of having this piece in an auto chrono. I will certainly consider it.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

No disrespect to you or anyone else but, I would buy that watch over a Omega Seamaster, The Oris TT1, Ball Hydrocarbon any day of the week!

argabright wrote:
Enjoy it, Ron! It's a really cool movement. Will you pay $1800 for it? That's my guess as a starting price...

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I like the crazy in your face look!! And I really like the all silver.....just a little big for me. It would be the same as strapping a 15" 5 spoke Cragar on my wrist!!!:%:%:%

CJ

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.