Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I admit to being somewhat curious about my fellow freeks so, I'm just trying to get to know everyone.

Do you reside in the city or the country ?...I live on a horse farm on the Delmarva Peninsula, the country, obviously...One of my closests friends' lives in the city & while that's fine for an evening of visiting I'd be a hot mess if I had to be there all the time...The noise, the traffic, the people...I'd be close to insane within 24 hrs...I need wide open spaces...So, are you a city freek or a country freek ?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I live in Raleigh, NC, a fast growing city.
Previously in NYC, Washington DC and before that the Boston area. Usually always large city areas. A little less currently.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I live in Raleigh, NC, a fast growing city.
I'll blow you a kiss as I drive by at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i live in Pa, in a small town.......id love to live in a nice suburb or out in the country someday. the hussle and bussle city mentality is not for me. it would be fine for me to work in a big city, but to actually live in it.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I live in a suburb of NYC - country folks would probably say i still live in the city but there is a difference -been in NY all my life -so i am basically a city boy!!

i would imagine many would think its probably the most unique place to live etc etc -but to me its just NY
no big deal

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Out in the hills of West Virginia. Love the city and the convenience of the city but prefer to live in the quiet of the country.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I live in a small suburb if Indianapolis, IN and love it but I would rather live in the country. My Dad was raised on a farm and when I was growing up, I'd spend summers there. That's what got me used to the country plus I'm an outdoorsman so I love the country but live and work in the city!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I'm in the exurbs of L.A., but still the city. It has grown and is still growing out here, but definitely NOT the rat race that L.A. is! I lost my ghetto pass a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY so i am a city boy. I now reside in Staten Island, NY and the part i live in is pretty much the city livin....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I have always lived in Morrow, OH Rural area. However over the last ten years, my country home has been encroached upon by suburban growth.
What used to be miles of farm land behind my home has transformed into a 1/4 million dollar per home subdivision.
In fact out of the 6 family farms that used to be on Shawhan Road where I live about a ten mile road from end to end, there are only 2 left. My home town didn't even have any traffic lights all my life until over the last 10 years. A TPC PGA Golf Course Riversbend was built and since that the area has grown with suburban sprawl. Kroger's, Super Wal-Mart, Khols, Target, Lowes, and a whole slurry of fast foods and strip malls, banks, homes, apartments, condos, and oh yes, traffic lights.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

City kid but bought a house in the suburbs in a good neighborhood with a good school system for my daughter.

·
Registered
119 Posts
imported post

Grew up in small town ( under 6000) midwest. Grandpa had 160 farm where I roamed.

Manhattan for awhile, East Hampton and now rural west coast. I am abit isolated but when ever I go out I cannot wait to get back home. Wildlife abounds.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I live in a small country town about 30 miles from a major metropolitan city. I work in the aforementioned city and hide in the country town after work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

I spent the first 23 years of my life in the city of Chicago. Not the best of neighborhoods either. I now live in the Northern Suburbs (right on the IL/WI border).

I guess all-in-all, I'm still a city boy at heart!

Anybody got a problem with that? :cool:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I was raised until I was 13yrs old on the south side of Chicago, I was stabbed 3 times. My father made a transfer to Portland Oregon where I have lived now for 29 yrs. I live in a Vancouver Wa now which is a burb across the river that divides the two states. I am and always be a city guy, I cant stand the country. Damn cows freak me out mooing in the middle of the night! I can sleep threw trains, gun shot etc, but those damn cows mess me up!

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

I live in a large metropolitan area and love it. I can walk to get anything I need (not that I do).

Love going to the country, but, gotta have the hustle and bustle.

Can't sleep unless there's lotsa noise, especially from the cars on the highway.

Crickets keep me awake. LOL

T.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

My wife Theresa was raised in a country area and I am a city fellow from Chicago. Do you want to guess where I live now? In an unincorporated area about twenty miles south of Chicago. There are still farms around us. My wife likes it here, shegrows vegatables and flowers in the warm season. She cans her tomatoes and such in mason jars and enjoys doing that. So I guess were both country folk now. ....Bob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts