Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, am having an issue with one of my eyes, and am not able to stare
at the screen for too long, or post much. :(

But did you happen to catch this Citizen?

The Promaster Tsuno Chronograph Racer pays tribute to a 1973 original.
With 45mm case, 200m WR, AR coated sapphire crystal, silver, and black
dial with luminous hands, and markers, solar Citizen E210, and neat strap.

Timezone.com with more info...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7563087&rid=0#msg_7563087

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've had my eye (sorry AT) on these in WatchTime for a few months. I think they now, or soon will be available. I really like 'em. There are 4 variations, if I remember correctly. One is a ltd edition (ha) The msrp is a little under 1K. I will have difficulty with forking out that kind of coin for a solar eco quartz. Just me. We'll see.

AT, get you eye better fast brother!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Love me some Eco-Drive and I do like some chronographs but his one looks difficult to tell time. The hands blend so well with the dial. I think I'll pass. Interesting looking watch but for that $, I'd like a piece that would be more functional and practical. Maybe for around $150 I'd take a second look, maybe. That's just me though. Thanks for the share once again AtomicTom!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
In certain positions those hands could be almost invisible and it looks like Citizen have done it again with obscure strap fitments making it almost impossible for aftermarket straps/bracelets. This is a regular thing with Citizen and it is incredibly annoying, I had to get Suppas for both my Zilla's as the supplied rubber strap is actually screwed into the case and I found the fitted rubber strap very uncomfortable.

I would love a chronograph in my rotation, an automatic would be superb but they ain't cheap.
So I have been looking instead for a decent solar panda dialed Chrono but so far my searching has been much less than fruitful.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
863 Posts
In certain positions those hands could be almost invisible and it looks like Citizen have done it again with obscure strap fitments making it almost impossible for aftermarket straps/bracelets. This is a regular thing with Citizen and it is incredibly annoying, I had to get Suppas for both my Zilla's as the supplied rubber strap is actually screwed into the case and I found the fitted rubber strap very uncomfortable.

I would love a chronograph in my rotation, an automatic would be superb but they ain't cheap.
So I have been looking instead for a decent solar panda dialed Chrono but so far my searching has been much less than fruitful.

I didn't even notice the strap issue. But you're right, so definite no for me then. Good luck with the solar chrono search.

Maybe something like this...?
Orient Neo 70s Panda WV0041TX Solar Chronograph
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIENT-Neo70s-neo-Seventies-WV0041TX-Solar-Chronograph-Watch-Milky-White-JAPAN-/142627259479?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I've had my eye on these as well....in particular the orange variant. I have only found it at HSamuel.com and it seems they are yet to get in their stock.

I would love to know if someone has seen it elsewhere or has any info on it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's exactly the style I am looking for and I actually purchased one but had to send it back due to quality control issues. This issue put me off trying another and also not enough contrast between the hands and dial making it difficult to read the time at a glance on occasion. This could be down to my aging eyes, shame really because this one looks like a homage to Paul Newmans Rolex Cosmograph.
Thank you...
I didn't even notice the strap issue. But you're right, so definite no for me then. Good luck with the solar chrono search.

Maybe something like this...?
Orient Neo 70s Panda WV0041TX Solar Chronograph
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIENT-Neo70s-neo-Seventies-WV0041TX-Solar-Chronograph-Watch-Milky-White-JAPAN-/142627259479?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts