Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Citizen “Super Titanium” has landed. First thing I did was checkout if it was really the “Super Titanium” model and not just hype from the vendor.

Was glad to see the Citizen hang tag that came on the watch indeed stated “Super Titanium”.

Watch fit my 8” wrist absolutely perfectly right out of the box. The bracelet had the micro adjustment out to the last hole, so if you have a wrist larger then 8”, this watch won’t be for you.
Watch is very masculine looking and feels very comfortable on the wrist, due to the lightweight titanium case and bracelet.

If there was any improvements that could be made on this watch, it would be these, 1. Sapphire Crystal, 2. Larger, more legible date window, as it is, the window is small, but what’s even worse is the fact that the lettering for the date is an almost gray on black color, making it very difficult to read. If they would have had the same bright lume white as the rest of the markers do on the dial, it would be much easier to read.

As it is, this watch is going to be just like all of my other Eco-Drives, a keeper, I have never flipped an Eco-Drive except to give them as a gift.

·
6,080 Posts
Outstanding! They could dispense with the date window all together, to provide an even cleaner dial. And yes, at this price point a mineral crystal is below par. But never the less, enjoy your new baby!

·
Banned
754 Posts
That looks really nice. Those bezel screws give it a nice touch. I'm glad it's the Ti type you were hoping for. I've seen Rick Hoover of Current Time Watch Works on Facebook do crystal swaps to sapphire on many watches, if you need. Don't know if you're on Facebook but he's a great guy to deal with, a true professional. He swapped an engine for me and a crown on two different watches. I could PM you his email if you'd like.

How's the Lume ?

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks really nice. Those bezel screws give it a nice touch. I'm glad it's the Ti type you were hoping for. I've seen Rick Hoover of Current Time Watch Works on Facebook do crystal swaps to sapphire on many watches, if you need. Don't know if you're on Facebook but he's a great guy to deal with, a true professional. He swapped an engine for me and a crown on two different watches. I could PM you his email if you'd like.

How's the Lume ?
Please PM me, thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
you will enjoy it. Its a great watch and does have excellent lume as well. Have a great weekend.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you will enjoy it. Its a great watch and does have excellent lume as well. Have a great weekend.
Lume is very good, not as bright as a Seiko, but better then most.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lume is very good, not as bright as a Seiko, but better then most.
The lume is excellent. Like you said, sapphire crystal would be better as well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Boy oh boy, check this one out Chazman !!! Has this cool controlled aggression vibe to it that is fantastic ! :smileyface_hand_cla The way the case, and bracelet are designed, and how the bezel has those notches on the sides, and screw/bolts on the corners rocks. Then the dial hypnotizes you with it's numbers, dueling levels, and hands. Yowza ! Huge congrats here to you ! ..ENJOY !

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took this watch out to my pool yesterday and was intentionally a little rough with it to see if the "Super Titanium" was legit. Rubbed the bracelet clasp up against the decking a few times and nary a scratch, it's a keeper!

BTW, I got off of Ebay for well under $300. so disregard the hang tag price.

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great watch! Citizen holds a special place in my heart. Absolutely love the nighthawk models - even replaced the mineral crystal with a sapphire. Also have a signature series. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
you got a bad watch jones CM....

another gr8 review-good-bad-ugly

i prefer a crisper reading dial

-not that long ago ti was military use only...but you probably know more about that than me-

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you got a bad watch jones CM....

another gr8 review-good-bad-ugly

i prefer a crisper reading dial

-not that long ago ti was military use only...but you probably know more about that than me-
Didn't have any titanium in the Nam, and quartz movements neither.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
VERY nice! Really like the dial design (although I agree with others that the date window could be done away with completely, but not a deal breaker as it is).

The watch I wear most days is polished stainless steel, and it's full of "swirlies" and such. Maybe I need to give these super-titanium models a look-see.

Thanks for posting the great picks!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VERY nice! Really like the dial design (although I agree with others that the date window could be done away with completely, but not a deal breaker as it is).

The watch I wear most days is polished stainless steel, and it's full of "swirlies" and such. Maybe I need to give these super-titanium models a look-see.

Thanks for posting the great picks!
This watch was an impulse purchase with very little thought placed on the plus or minuses of the watch. I wasn't expecting a whole bunch out the watch, yet now I am surprised I am liking it as much as I do.

I was kind of disappointed at the last Titanium watch I had, the Seiko Shogun. Bracelet wasn't long enough for completely comfortable wear, and the bracelet just felt flimsy with the thin titanium links it had. This one has links on it almost as large as on my Sinn U1, while lightweight, they don't feel flimsy at all.

I have been wearing this watch exclusively since the moment I opened the box, even to bed. The watch is very, very comfortable. The bracelet has heavy duty 3 piece links that are actually three pieces, not the faux three piece like on my Seikos.

Three days in the pool knocking it around and still not a mark on the watch anywhere.

This watch has the promise of being my everyday beater, if there is such a thing for me.

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I have been wearing this watch exclusively since the moment I opened the box, even to bed. The watch is very, very comfortable. The bracelet has heavy duty 3 piece links that are actually three pieces, not the faux three piece like on my Seikos.

Three days in the pool knocking it around and still not a mark on the watch anywhere.

This watch has the promise of being my everyday beater, if there is such a thing for me.
You've sold me, Chazman!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts