Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I want to tell you all an incredible story. I hope you will take the time to read this.

About a month ago our 300th member MrsWatchGeek joined Watch Freeks. Her real name is Roni. As you have all seen she is TheWatchGeek's wife and is a little shy.

Well when she joined I sent her a private message saying hello and we started talking back and forth every now and then. Roni is a very nice woman with a big big heart of gold.

Today I finally got back to my office after being away for a full week at a convention/conference out of town. I thought it was going to be a normal Monday with the exception that I knew I was literally buried with work to catch up on.

Well the day was going about exactly as planned and unfortunately I was falling further and further behind and getting more and more frustrated in general. Our mail is normally delivered around 2pm. We have a super nice mail lady who is constantly laughing at me because of all of the boxes that are delivered each week with watches, or boxes with watches in them that are being sent out. Each day when she arrives at our office she announces if there are "any boxes or not".

Well today she announces that there IS a box. I am confused. I do not have anything coming and have not purchased anything I can remember. If anything I have been sending out watches I have been selling recently. So this is honestly a surprise and I literally have no idea what could be in the box that is obviously shaped like all of the other watch box deliveries I have received in the past.

One of my employees has worked for me for over 2 years and I have gotten her and her husband into my watch collecting obsession. They now both own a bunch of watches each also. We both get excited each time a watch is delivered. She comes in and asks me "what I bought but failed to tell her about???". NOTHING! I swore to her, but she did not believe me.

So we opened the box. To my AMAZEMENT and surprise inside was a new Citizen SkyHawk Eco-Drive Atomic Flight Chronograph Watche JY0000-53E - the same watch my father purchased a few months ago and one that I ALWAYS wanted/lusted after for my collection. In my opinion it is one of the top Citizen Eco Drives ever made...ever.

But I still have no idea why this masterpiece of a watch is now sitting in my office on my desk. As I open the watch box the hands start spinning as the Atomic radio features began automatically setting itself. I just watched the hands spin.

In the box was a note from Roni. She sent me the watch as a gift. The note had her contact info and I immediately called her. My first comment was that I was sending the watch back to her and that it was WAY to "big" of a gift. I just could not accept it. But Roni just insisted and would not take no for an answer. She said that since joining she had found much enjoyment from being a member, reading the posts and threads, and the warm welcome she had received. She also said she had been blessed with an incredible family that was filled with love and happiness. She would not take no for an answer.

Without question this is the biggest gift I have ever personally received from someone I had just met and was only just getting to know. I was floored. I still am.

I have not had time to take any pictures of the watch, or even actually figure out how everything works (I am going to have to get help from my father or Spaceview who has one of these also).

I am literally beyond words of how to describe the kindness and extreme giving that exist inside some people.

Brand Name: Citizen
Model number: JY0000-53E
Part Number: JY0000-53E
Dial window material type: Mineral
Clasp: fold-over-clasp-with-double-push-button-safety
Case material: stainless-steel
Case diameter: 48 millimeters
Case Thickness: 16 millimeters
Band material: stainless-steel
Band length: mens
Band width: 21 millimeters
Band Color: silver
Dial color: black
Bezel material: stainless-steel
Bezel Function: Slide-rule
Calendar: perpetual-calendar
item-weight: 2.40 Ounces
Movement: japanese-quartz
Water resistant depth: 660 Feet
Warranty Type: Manufacturer

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

What a generous gesture on the part of Mr. & Mrs. WatchGeek (Roni & Carl). You are a very lucky man. Wear it with pride. I can help you set it and teach you about everything except the bezel. Your on your own there,LOL. Enjoy it and let me know when your wearing yours so I can wear mine.

PS: Get rid of that stock picture.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I love that watch -but i'm afraid if i ever get one i would then be inclined to learn to fly -a BIG NO NO for me!! LOL

enoy it James you deserve it and kudos to Roni & Carl for their generousity & big hearts!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I CAN NOT figure it out, lol. Marc I will give you a call later for help!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I CAN NOT figure it out, lol. Marc I will give you a call later for help!
I'm here for you buddy. :lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

James thanks - what a great way to start my day. Don't worry about setting this beauty - it set's itself. I'm sure you will move this one up to one of your "TOP" watches. I use mine as my "reference master" watch to set all of my collection.

Roni - you are a FIRST CLASS person - may you be blessed with a long and happy life. And thank you for becoming a member - this forum is a better place because of you.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Added some real pics to the first post. Watch is incredible and I still can't figure it out, lol

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

That is very cool James. Congrats! to such a deserving person and kudos to the great generosity shown by Roni (Mrs. Watchgeek). Have fun learning how to set that bad boy LOL!! Once it's set it will last forever.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

I still can not believe it. Thank you again MrsWatchGeek!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
imported post

What a fantastic Gift and watch Congrats to You.:)

I have the same Watch but only differance being mine is the all Black IP one.

To Change the display on the Right from Time to Calendar you pull the Crown out One click and turn the Crown to the Cal position to see the Days date instead of the Time then push Crown back in.

One other thing You can do is Push the lower pusher until the Second hand goes to RX and it will receive the Time Signal for auto setting of the Watch.

Enjoy this one I'm sure You will.:)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Alert

We have been able to talk TV through the steps required to get him into the correct time zone :c Whew...now we need to set the calendar....:%

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

We are 1/2 way there. A BIG thanks to Marc who talked me through setting the first part of the watch (THE CORRECT TIME, lol) today.

THANK YOU AGAIN my friend. I would have been lost without your help.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

That's a really cool looking pilot's watch!! Nice size too!!

Now James, don't go offering to fly the plane just because you have a pilot's watch!!! :%

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.