Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So I was looking at some sites today, and was trying to find an Orca when I stumbled across the Citizen Nighthawk.

Now, I have that watch, but it's an INVICTA.

So, it makes me question = Who is making this watch? It is clearly the same watch. Retail priceis actually about the same.

Citizen:

Invicta

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Here is the BIG BIG DIFFERENCE -

ECO DRIVE in the Citizen!
  • Ecologically friendly, light powered Eco-Drive Caliber B877 Japanese-quartz movement; Charges in natural sunlight or indoor light
  • Max power reserve: 180 days; Low charge warning: 3 days; Quick start ability; Charge time from stop state to max charge: Incandescent Light - 53 hrs, Outdoors, Cloudy (10,000 Lux) - 17 hrs, Outdoors, Sunny (100,000 Lux) - 6 hrs
  • Durable, hardened non-reflective mineral crystal; Performs flight calculations with Pilot's slide rule inner bezel ring operated by crown at 8 o'clock
  • Large luminous hands and hour/minute markers for easy readability; Dual-time function; Date feature at 3 o'clock
  • Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)
The Invicta case design and look is a copy of the Citizen, but the insides are very different. what is the model number on that Invicta?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

So, do you think Citiezen is making this watch for Invicta without the ECO DRIVE movement and substituting another quartz movment? It just seems to me that both watches have to come out of the same factory.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

No I think the Invicta one is just a homage to the original and an exact copy, with the exception of everything that is inside the 2 watches.

I imagine Invicta just bought similar cases and then copied everything else.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I have to say it is the closest reproduction/copy of a non high-end watch that I have seen.

I was just wondering. Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.