Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/citizen-promaster-blue-angel-navihawk-jn0040-58l-jn0040-665.html?currency=GBP

Hey guys, i was on ebay looking at Citizen skyhawk watches when i came across this, Its a Citizen Navihawk blue angels edition. Its actually really good value, so far i have found it for just over £100 (close to $200) It does some cool stuff, not as complete as the skyhawk but hey :)And im a massive aircraft fan!! Somebody needs to make a red arrows version :c

The only thing that has put me off is the size :(only 42mm in diameter. Annnnnyway, here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is one of the very cool Citizens. I agree it is a little small and has SOOOOOOOOOO much going on with the bezel and dial that it might be a little cluttered. I believe a few people on this forum own this one and might be able to post a few wrist pics.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks for the pics!! :) And i do agree with you James, It could be a little busy on the dial but i guess its made for pilots, Who need to read sooo many things. More of a practical watch than a collectors piece.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
imported post

That's a good price. There is also one at www.wwtshows.com (girards vintage watches) for $295.00. It is shown w/original box, papers etc.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I happen to have that watch, bought one back in early 2000's. Yes, it's a true pilots watch with rotating slide rule outer bezel. This model is not an Eco-Drive.

Here are some specifics from my personal watch:

42mm case
13.45mm thick
21.75mm ss bracelete at the lug which tapers to 18.mm at the divers clasp
3.45mm thick links solid ss
124.8g sized

Here is a pic on the wrist:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
imported post

That is an amazing watch. The size is the reason I don't have one. Thanks for the pics and the details.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I actually love everything about this watch other then the fact that it has digital features. I'm not big into the ana-digital watches. I feel the same way about the Skyhawk. Don't get me wrong I love Citizen, but I've never found these particular styles appealing IMHO. Sorry James, Marc, and others. Take out the digital features and Voila I'm sold. LOL!!

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I actually love everything about this watch other then the fact that it has digital features. I'm not big into the ana-digital watches. I feel the same way about the Skyhawk. Don't get me wrong I love Citizen, but I've never found these particular styles appealing IMHO. Sorry James, Marc, and others. Take out the digital features and Voila I'm sold. LOL!!
That is your preference. I'll just say that the way this dial is laid out you don't even know the digital is there unless you go to use one of the functions.......that is one of my favorite things about it. I have it on right now and when I look at the dial it looks like a regular three hand. The second hand is not part of the chrono, yet it has a fully functioning chrono if I need it. It has two alarms which I actually use and it has the atomic feature which I use to set all my watches. I have not used the multi-time zone or count down features but I hope to some day.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
That is your preference. I'll just say that the way this dial is laid out you don't even know the digital is there unless you go to use one of the functions.......that is one of my favorite things about it. I have it on right now and when I look at the dial it looks like a regular three hand. The second hand is not part of the chrono, yet it has a fully functioning chrono if I need it. It has two alarms which I actually use and it has the atomic feature which I use to set all my watches. I have not used the multi-time zone or count down features but I hope to some day.
Exactly, and that's all it is. JMO and that's all. I know I own many watches that manypeople wouldlook at and go Huh!!!:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

I own several ani-digi Citizens and except for their size, I love the design. You have to remember, when they came out with these years ago no one elss was making a watch like it.

Now I am adding the Skyhawk to my collection and glad to have another, and bigger Citizen Ani-Digi watch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts