Watch Freeks banner

Citizen Mickey Mouse Eco-Drive Great Buy

813 views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  pìrbíd 
#1 ·
I never had a Mickey Mouse watch as a kid but have one on the way now, and for barely $57 including tax, presumably on sale. This is a gold finish Citizen Eco-Drive Corso with leather band that per the Citizen web site is currently a $200 watch without the Mickey Mouse picture, and on Amazon is about $164 currently. This particular Mickey Mouse picture model is not shown currently on the Citizen web site that I could find. I have several other Citizen Eco Drive watches and love them as they are a wear and forget watch due to the quartz accuracy and the solar charging for operation. IMO better than Automatic mechanical watches due to the accuracy. Basically readjust the calendar on non 31 day months and readjust the time when go on or off Daylight Savings. This is not a radio controlled watch so does not automatically handle time changes and non 31 day months without owner intervention. Still a great buy. Now listed on Amazon as "Out of Stock" and the listed price is now $173.87, making my purchase an even better buy.

Watch Brown Analog watch White Clock

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey cool Astro, and having the combination of it being not only a Micky Mouse
watch, but also Eco-Drive is phenomenal I think. (y);) Because having to
worry about changing batteries can be annoying right?! ..However, this takes
care of that, and honestly it not being radio controlled isn't a big issue at all
I don't think. 😉I mean a watch like this is meant to be fun, as well as classic
looking as well as perform like a classic watch. And this does all of that, but
with a modern solar supercharging ! 🌞⚡

Thanks a ton for the look, and I wish you a HUGE congratulations here ahead
of time on this beauty !!!

#6 ·
The watch finally arrived on Sunday, 4 days later than the Amazon listed delivery date. Late delivery blamed on the weather in the Sierras. Bad enough so when I was in the grocery last week they were completely out of fresh milk which comes from California over the Sierras.

#7 ·
Another Mickey Mouse watch is the one below from Invicta. Amazon seller price is $59.99 including shipping. Invicta current price on their web site is $89.90 + shipping and original claimed MSRP is $299! I looked up the listed quartz module in it and it is probably Seiko's cheapest, retailing for under $10. This is pretty much the classic Mickey Mouse watch with the watch hands being Mickey's arms. It looks good for the price but this claims to be a limited edition and the serial #1 is listed separately on the Invicta web site for circa $559.90. You would have to be a real Mickey Mouse fanatic to pay that much for serial #1 of this design IMo_O_O

Watch Analog watch Azure Clock Font

#8 ·
The Invicta pictured above arrived today from the Amazon seller. A good looking and relatively compact at 40mm diameter watch for the price. Diameter is excluding the crown. The bezel is a 120 click rotating bezel. Water resistance is claimed to be 100 meters. With the magnifier crystal the date is easily readable. Screw down back marked Disney limited edition but no indication of edition size or serial number within the edition. Te band is a machined link stainless steel version with a double locking deployment clasp. Overall a decent looking watch for the price.

#9 ·
I think it's a lot more than decent looking Astro. 😉😎It looks outstanding !

Wow, I didn't realize you had two incoming Mickey Mouse watches on the
way to your wrist sir. 😮😮The Citizen is much more dressy, but this one
gives you a tried and true divers personality with a little extra attitude too.
Even Mickey seems to take center stage in a more prominent way as he
nearly takes up the entire dial. And how about the blue as well sir?! It is
gorgeous and looks to have a mix of maybe two, three, or even four
different blues hiding within it. From a silver, or sky, to royal, or even sky
blue, it's like four watches in one.

Then when you consider that you are getting everything for a terrific price,
it becomes that much more impressive of a find and pick-up Astronut. 😀
Wishing you a MAGNIFICENT Mickey congratulations here 2 U !!!

#10 ·
I figure that if you want a cartoon or comics character watch then Mickey is the way to go. The original is 90 years old this year and Mickey was the original Disney character, the start of a huge entertainment empire. There are several web sites about the watch and below is a link to one.

#11 ·
Yowza, I had no idea Mickey Mouse watches started that long
ago sir. 😮 I would have thought that they started in the 1950’s
or something, holy cowza, amazing stuff Astro ! 😉😀And the
styles were really remarkable as well ! ..I don’t honestly think I
knew about any of this, or any of those. 🏆🥇So thanks very
very much for the terrific lesson !!!

#12 ·
Mickey has been around for a long time and apparently Disney hired a real go getter early on to do merchandising deals. Walt was no financial dummy.

BTW I fully charged the lume on the Invicta MM watch last night and compared to the lume on my Citizen, Orient and Seiko watches it is very poor. My eyes had to be fully dark adapted to even see the very faint glow only a short time after charging the lume using my solar watch charger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.