1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived today, Citizen Men's BN0151-09L Promaster Diver

1st impressions:

Eco-Drive Quartz

Watch is 43mm wide with a 12mm thick case. 49.5 Lug to Lug.

Dark Blue dial and bezel Similar in color to Orient Blue Mako XL

20mm strap width.

200M ISO depth rating with screw down crown.

Eco-Drive with mineral crystal

60 click bezel which is nice and tight, yet turns easy.

Watch appears nice, but it really hasn’t knocked my socks off as it did in the photos? Perhaps it looks too similar to the Blumo I own and that is detracting from it.

It does seem rather light compared to the Blumo yet rides flatter on the wrist making it slightly more comfortable. The silicone strap it comes with isn’t that bad, but not good either. If I keep it, it will either go on mesh or a strap or an Orbis Morgan rubber strap.

I’m giving it a couple of days, but right now I’m leaning towards sending it back.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You're right; it does kinda look like your Blumo, but this Citizen looks better IMO. Handsome looking watch. As a friendly suggestion, Perhaps you should sell the Seiko instead of sending the Citizen back.

Reactions: desk_diver

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I absolutely love mine especially the design of the hands and the raised hour markers, also the crown position for me is a bonus.
You are bang on with the strap though I was not keen on it either, looks a little cheap and tacky.
I put mine on a canvas and leather para. View attachment 77290 View attachment 77298

Loving the look of yours on the mesh that is a superb look.
It does look a little like the Seiko, but in my opinion I prefer the Citizen.

Enjoy.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Looks sharp on the mesh. Would be a keeper at my house

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Looks terrific from here Chazman ! :thumb::thumb: Hope you decide to keep it honestly. Really seems like such a cool watch. The bezel alone, and how it works with the mesh is epic. Then the way the watch is able to shift gears, and become extra classy with the leather is impressive too ! :eek: Very very nice !!! Have to wish you a huge congratulations, and I hope it becomes one you enjoy eventually !

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE!

Took the watch (on strap) out to a Veterans Sunday Brunch today.

Looked great, super comfortable and is a great grab and go.

I have made my mind up, it's a KEEPER!

Changing it out with the mesh and an Orbis Morgan blue rubber strap will make it more then enough to keep it from becoming boring.

Right now it's going to stay on the leather strap, because the water in the back yard pool is now below 70 degrees, Everybody OUT OF THE POOL!

Maybe for next summer I will purchase a Hirsch 100m water proof grand duke for it

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
UPDATE!

Took the watch (on strap) out to a Veterans Sunday Brunch today.

Looked great, super comfortable and is a great grab and go.

I have made my mind up, it's a KEEPER!

Changing it out with the mesh and an Orbis Morgan blue rubber strap will make it more then enough to keep it from becoming boring.

Right now it's going to stay on the leather strap, because the water in the back yard pool is now below 70 degrees, Everybody OUT OF THE POOL!

Maybe for next summer I will purchase a Hirsch 100m water proof grand duke for it
Oh wow, nice Chazman !!! :smile-thumb2: So happy that you decided to keep it. :thumb: Had hoped it would grow on you, and it evidently has. ..Hope you really have fun wearing this one ! ENJOY !

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm holding out until I can get the blue dial on the stainless steel bracelet. I know I can get the SS bracelet on a black one but I love the blue version of this watch.

·
Banned
754 Posts
I've always liked this one but I can imagine wanting to send it back since you have that sexy Blumo already competing for blue/blue wrist time. There's also a cool full lume version that I like.
I can't blame you for keeping it or sending it back. You're good either way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts