Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi there

New to the Citizen family (about a year now) and new to this forum.

Santa was good to me this year and I got this model of the Fugu for xmas and I'm loving it.

NY0110-13E

I'm TRYING to findout if there is an official stell bracelet for this model. Emails to Citizen Australia have been more confusing than helpful (hence my post here).

My suspicion is that the stell bracelet for THIS model:

will fit, though no one can seem to confirm it for me (unless i buy the part myself and try it out!)

I have other steel bracelets for it, but I would like one that fits it neatly around the case rather than the straight-edged after-market variety!

So, fire-away, where can i find out if such a thing exists, or are there other places one can find these things.... google hasn't been too helpful so far!!

TIA for any and all advice!

kind regards

Nunz

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts
I don't see any pictures of your models, nor the model number for the second model. Typically when sizing straps, you simply need to know the lug width. Things sometimes get a little trickier with bracelets, but the main thing is typically knowing the lug width (not knowing either watch, I can say that most lug widths fall in the range of 18mm-24mm. Even sizes (18, 20, 22, 24) are usually easier to find than odd sizes (19, 21, 23).

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts
Is this what your watch looks like? Black dial with Pepsi bezel? If so, it should have a lug width of 20mm.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,373 Posts
Hello Nunzigam.(y)

It's so great to have you here with us. 😀Thanks a lot just for
joining up. But also for thinking to ask a question like this too.

Honestly, every time I see one of these cool Citizens they
always seem to be on those sporty rubber straps. However,
from what Gary is showing you above, 😉it looks as if there
are a lot of options.

And even if they aren't all made by Citizen, they still look
as if the might work for you. Let's hope that maybe one, or
more does. ..Good luck, and thanks so very much Gary !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gary and Tom

Thanks for your kind words and advice!

Yes, that pepsi dial with the rubber band is precisely my watch. I have already swapped it out with a band from strapcode which i like:

Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Photograph

...i was just wanting to find something that fits in the lugs completely like i have for my other citizen diver:

Watch Analog watch Photograph Light Clock

Citizen claim they don't make one... and the link to the one on ebay looks like it might work... but doesn't ship to AU.

I've checked out the masters in time site previously, but my fear is that as they are being quite specific with watch model numbers then i might get the item here and it doesn't fit!

COVID is limiting me to get to a local shop to actually physically try a few straps out here...they're all shut for the time being!

I'll email the masters in time people and see if they can shed any light.

Nice to have a few options for this special (to me!) watch!

thnx again and look forward to many fun conversations!

ciao

Nunz

·
Senior Freek
1,470 Posts
The bracelet you have it on looks nice, but I get what you’re saying about wanting to close that gap. So your homework is to find a 20mm bracelet with curved ends that will ship to you. I can ask google for companies that ship to Australia, but I have an IP address in the USA and I know my search results are skewed by that.

have fun hunting and please share when you get a curved end bracelet on that beauty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thnx Gary. Yes, i'm up for the challenge!! I am worried about matching the curvature of the case and the lugs... but i really doubt citizen have specific moulds for each and every reference...surely the whole promaster NY range that have a 44mm diameter and same caliber... would have the same case?

Citizen Aus say that this part number 59-R00821 (metal) is compatible with NY0130-83E...and it looks VERY similar to my watch.... so i could give that a try...but i'll keep hunting and let you know!

ciao

·
Super Moderator
17,373 Posts
You are very welcome Nunz, and may I say, that the watch actually looks
great already to me. 😀They both do honestly !! 😎😎..And it's actually
too bad that the bracelet on your coke bezel diver doesn't also work on
the all black bezel beauty. Because they look so similar from here. But
what's neat when we run into a problem like this, is it's a lot fun trying to
solve that problem, and search for answers. Or in this case a bracelet.

Actually it's one of the nicest things about this hobby right?! ..All of the
journeys you can go on to find what you want, or are looking for.

Yes, enjoy the search, and lets us know if you do find something you
like out there. 🙂

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Tom and Gary

Thanks for your kind words and support. It is fun and figuring this out is part of the "joy"!

So, it turns out the folks at Masters in Time rock pretty hard!! Here is an extract from a response from Brenda... VERY helpful!

Thank you for the additional information and links. We have double checked (using our strap finder from our other website) and have found the following straps for your watch:
Citizen Straps • Official dealer • Watch.co.uk

When we compare one of the metal straps recommended for your watch to the strap you have requested, we see that there is a size difference of 2 mm, making the 59-R00821 unsuitable. An example of a strap with rounded endlinks that is recommended for your watch is the strap below:
Citizen 59-S05778 Strap - 59-S05778

All this information comes from the supplier. If for some reason the strap does not fit or colour match your watch, you can return unused products for an exchange or refund.
Turns out i need to know the case code (you learn something new each day!)... so there are a bunch of options, but only really one with rounded end links! I'd prefer something with a better clasp (not deployant) But i'll see if i can swap it out once i get it!

So I've ordered it today and will see what it's like when i get it....and I know, Pics or it didn't happen! :p

Thnx again!

·
Super Moderator
17,373 Posts
Hi Tom and Gary

Thanks for your kind words and support. It is fun and figuring this out is part of the "joy"!

So, it turns out the folks at Masters in Time rock pretty hard!! Here is an extract from a response from Brenda... VERY helpful!

Turns out i need to know the case code (you learn something new each day!)... so there are a bunch of options, but only really one with rounded end links! I'd prefer something with a better clasp (not deployant) But i'll see if i can swap it out once i get it!

So I've ordered it today and will see what it's like when i get it....and I know, Pics or it didn't happen! :p

Thnx again!
Don’t mention it Nunz. 🙂 So Happy that we could help a bit.
However, it looks like you, along with Masters in Time really
did some great investigating, and found a ton of nice options.
Boy oh boy, just look at all of those ! 😮 And how about the
case code thing?! ..That is terrific to know, as well as a terrific
lesson to teach people as well. (y)(y)

So I will thank YOU, and hope that you can find something
with those rounded end links.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thnx Tom, Very kind.

And in other news, it has already shipped...so hopefully COVID won't slow down the progress of the parcel from Europe to Australia too much!

I had seen mention of the case code on other forums but never had much need to think about it... until now!! Will be keen to look and discover what other case shapes I have that could benefit from a 'fitted' bracelet.

I have a Bulova Moonwatch (special edition) which came with a leather and also NATO strap...but would love a fitted bracelet, so next project will be to find out about the case code and spare parts for it. Given they are owned by Citizen, I'm not sure the 'local' expertise here will get me too far...but i think I'll talk to Masters in time and see how i go!

Fingers crossed!

Watch Analog watch Dog Light Gesture

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Font

·
Super Moderator
17,373 Posts
Thnx Tom, Very kind.

And in other news, it has already shipped...so hopefully COVID won't slow down the progress of the parcel from Europe to Australia too much!

I had seen mention of the case code on other forums but never had much need to think about it... until now!! Will be keen to look and discover what other case shapes I have that could benefit from a 'fitted' bracelet.

I have a Bulova Moonwatch (special edition) which came with a leather and also NATO strap...but would love a fitted bracelet, so next project will be to find out about the case code and spare parts for it. Given they are owned by Citizen, I'm not sure the 'local' expertise here will get me too far...but i think I'll talk to Masters in time and see how i go!

Fingers crossed!

View attachment 140590

View attachment 140591

My pleasure Nunz. 🙂

Yes, let's hope it doesn't get too delayed, and that you are able
to enjoy that Citizen the way you have always wanted. 😉

And who knows?! You just might be enjoying a fitted bracelet
on your Bulova in the not too distant future too ! Seriously, that
would be gorgeous imho. And it's not that the bracelet, and strap
on it don't look great already. But 'if' you could actually find a
fitted bracelet which fit perfectly, it would just complete the look
that much better right?! (y)

Fingers crossed on all of this sir !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to update you on my progress with this.

Masterintime has been great to deal with...but we've hit some hurdles.

The first bracelet they sent was 23mm (not the proper 20mm) as there was an error on the website (now corrected). They've been great with returns but now are saying that Citizen won't guarantee a different bracelet will fit my watch.

So, i'm after some help from the community and those of you who know more than i do (which is everyone!)

Here is my theory:

This is the watch I have:

Citizen Fugu NY0110-13E (Case code R013246)
Citizen Fugu NY0110-13E

When i look at this site:
StarBuy
It lists a number of Fugu models (inc mine)...and if i look up the case codes (found on the photos of the back) it seems that my model is practically identical to the 2 steel bracelet models listed (NY0131-81X & NY0130-83E). These have the case code: R014358

So, if i search for that case code on the mastersintime site i find these straps:

Citizen 59-R00821 Strap - Promaster Marine
https://www.mastersintime.com/au/en/citizen-ny0040-stainless-steel-bracelet-59-ny0040steel.htm
Citizen 59-NY0040STEEL Strap - NY0040

This looks identical to the strap on the models on the Starbuy site.

It APPEARS that this watch should fit (as the fugu range SEEMS to have the same dimensions for the case)

Does anyone have any info or way of clarifying this?

I tried an experiment last night - I have an NY0040-09W (rubber strap) and a NY0085-86EE (steel bracelet). These 2 watches cases look functionally the same, although one is 40mm and the other is 42mm and i was able to swap the steel bracelet on to the NY0040-09W with no problem.

I'm happy to take a punt but it's over $100 for the bracelet and it's always expensive and takes so long to get things to australia (which is where I am) so I like to double check as much as possible before i pull the trigger!

Any advice or recommendations accepted!

ciao 4 now

Nunz

·
Super Moderator
17,373 Posts
Hi Nunzigam, it sounds like that case code is correct, so the bracelets
should fit alright. However, I don't know for sure, so I don't want to tell
you one way, or the other. And $100 is a lot to spend, especially if you
might have to go through the whole return thing again. ..But is it maybe
possible to ask Masters in Time themselves if those bracelets might
work?

They might have the definitive answer. (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Tom

Thnx for the info. I have asked them and sadly they are a little stuck with what they can say...they are required to only recommend what Citizen has 'authorised'...so because my watch came with a rubber strap, they only offer similar straps!

I think I have groked what i need and will see what they send and I'm 90% sure it will fit...and if not it WILL fit one of my other Promasters!

ciao

Nunz

1 - 20 of 27 Posts