Watch Freeks banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

As I posted.

I picked up this Citizen the other day thanks to Uncle Sam.

The more I play around with it the cooler it gets.

The watch itself is in the 42-43mm range so, yes, it's not a huge piece.

It has a full lume dial and a very comfortable bracelet that has a single push button deployant clasp with a diver's lock.

The watch itself is more like a time keeping machine. The functions are controlled by turning the crown. These are read at the six o'clock sub-dial. It has a chronograph function that, when set-up at the crown, causes the second hand to sweep to thetwelve o'clock position. The top pusher activates the chronograph and the second hand makes an entirerotation of the dial and immediately begins timing. You stop it by pushing the same upper pusher. After stopping, if you press the bottom pusher and hold it you cansee the 1/20 of a second read-out at the two o'clock sub-dial. To reset the chronograph simpley press in the upper pusher and hold until the second hand resets to the twelve o'clock position. To return to the time mode turn the crown until the indicator read time and the second hand returns to normal time. It actually returns to the spot that it would have been in had the watch been running all along.

It also has a twenty-four hour alarm that also can be set by turning the crown to the alarm position on the indicator. The watch then advances to the alarm setting (like a little machine) then by pulling out the crown and turning it clockwise or counter clock wise you set the alarm. You have to keep an eye on the twenty-four hour sub-dial at the ten o'clock position so that you set the alarm for the correct time. With the crown out you set the alarm to off or on by pressing the upper pusher. Push the crown in and turn it back to the time indicationand the hands move back to normal time, thenyou're all set.

You adjust the time like normal by pulling out the crown but what's cool is that when you pull the crown out to the second position the second hand rotates to the twelve o'clock position and automatically hacks. Once you set the time and push the crown back in everything starts up.

I'm not even going to go into how to set the perpetual calendar if you've done it you know it's not too difficult.

Citizen has a great interactive part on their site for using their watches. Just enter your movement number then play along with the directions. Turn up your sound, too.

Oh yeah, the full lume dial is awsome and can actually light up a room (somewhat)

Citizens are very nice watches. The Eco-Drives are in a class by themselves. I have an Orca but this is totally different.

If you don't have a Citizen in your collection I'd recommend getting one.

Thanks for reading.

Whew!!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Great review and I agree. The more I see these Eco-drives the more I like them. Can you say,"Bang for the Buck". I have three now and would not hesitate to get more.....Enjoy yours it is a very nice piece.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Great review and info. Thanks for taking the time to post that info.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

if possible, can we see a wrist shot, ive been wanting on of these for awhile, they also have an orange dial version,.......one of my local AD's have these for a great price, i should just go and try one on.......ive been scaling down the size with my watches, ....ive noticed depending on how the watch is, i can wear a 43mm no problem .....so i might have to look into this one......thanks for the review.......

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

KOOL AID FINALLY WORE OFF HUH??? :%:%:%

tattoo chef wrote:
....ive been scaling down the size with my watches, ....ive noticed depending on how the watch is, i can wear a 43mm no problem ..

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
imported post

One wrist shot coming up.

The orange dial is cool too. It was a hard decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.