Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As I collect watches, I find myself drawn more and more to the movements, so when I saw a Citizen Minute Repeater on sale for $149 I had to get it. Another really interesting movement to add to the collection and it looks like it's going to be alot of fun to play with too!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

very nice!!

do you have a stock pic of the model you purchased? is it this one?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That's the one. I missed the deal on ChronoShark for $119, but this was still a good deal at $149 I believe.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I love the look of the watch and the incredible technology. I wish it was a little bigger (for me!), but I CAN NOT wait to see the watch on your wrist and the pictures!

·
Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . You will love the watch!!!! The dial work is great, and the bracelet is silky smooth!!!! One of my top ten faves. . . .

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That is an fantastic citizen eco-drive. a minute repeater, perpetual calender and it looks great. congrats and enjoy it. wear it in good health. ....bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Well I got the watch today, and although it is small, wear just like my other 40mm, it has some really cool funtions. Now compared to Invicta's I have paid $150 for, this Citizen seems like a toy watch, but I know the quality is very good so I am pleased with the watch itself. Now, when I get around to pics tomorrow, I will include at least 1 of the crappiest packaging I have seen to date. The cheapest plastic box with rattling hinges that made me think the watch was in pieces before I opened the box. NO Instructions or Operating manual was included. Thanks to someone else, who provide a direct link to set up the watch functions, I was up and running in no time, (pun not intended). So now I have a minute repeater and I am very happy with it. Another Citizen to add to my collection.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:
man that is a nice looking watch. Thanks for posting that pic!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I looked at these today at my friend's jewlery store (about 90 minutes ago actually). they are REALLYYYYYYYY NICE LOOKING, but they absolutely are small in size and actually look and wear smaller in my opinion. I looked at 3 different models and tried them all on.

I was wearing my 47mm Stuhrling Targa and it dwarfed these. But again, they are REALLY nice watches if 42mm is a size you can wear.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Here's a pic of mine on my arm next to a 40mm Invicta Pro Diver.It wears like a 40mm, and if it wasn't for thecomplications, I wouldn't keep it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is a great comparison Watchnut and exactly the way i felt about the size when I saw them today.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

I just like the idea that I could press the pusher on the watch and be able to tell what time it is in the middle of the night without having to open my eyes. Of course that means I'd have to wear the watch to bed, and I don't!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts