Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to repair watches? I have a Blue Angels that I believe needs a new Eco-Drive battery in it. Does anyone know how to replace that?

I really want to get this fixed. So Any thoughts?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Llama4322:
Son of mine living in Finland has the exact same watch.
Not a bit of trouble.
I have an EcoZilla that took a few days off from operating.
Called Citizen Help Desk. Desk informed me Citizens have
no Lithium batteries like I thot.
"Charging Unit" wuz what the Citizen guy called it.
So back to the window sill. Now it's back from it's rest and
operating perfectly. I had days off om the RR why not
EcoZillas too?

Loose Nutt

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it under a light with no luck. It will not do anything. So I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You could send it back to Citizen, it won't be cheap though. They don't even try to repair them they will just swap the module, that appears to be the most cost effective way. Cheaper than fault finding. Can't remember the exact cost for the Eco Drive module swap. But the recent automatic movement swap cost £125/$170.

I have sent three in total back to Citizen 2 Eco's and 1 auto. They swapped the movement/module in all three. Although my Auto-Zilla is still with them as I had to send it back, they actually made it worse. They will keep getting it back too until it is right I am incredibly particular, its there own money they are wasting.

BTW the Eco Drives came back perfect.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
They will do a free evaluation though.
You could send it back to Citizen, it won't be cheap though. They don't even try to repair them they will just swap the module, that appears to be the most cost effective way. Cheaper than fault finding. Can't remember the exact cost for the Eco Drive module swap. But the recent automatic movement swap cost £125/$170.

I have sent three in total back to Citizen 2 Eco's and 1 auto. They swapped the movement/module in all three. Although my Auto-Zilla is still with them as I had to send it back, they actually made it worse. They will keep getting it back too until it is right I am incredibly particular, its there own money they are wasting.

BTW the Eco Drives came back perfect.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So would it be worth it to send the blue angles back to ether get repaired or replaced? It's been years sense it last worked. I left it in a dark place and it is what messed it up. How long did it take o CE you sent it to citizen?
They will do a free evaluation though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think the turnaround was about 2 week's to get the watch back to my door. Would it be worth it?
If you want to keep it yes and you will effectively have a new watch if they replace the module, they will also pressure test it too.
So would it be worth it to send the blue angles back to ether get repaired or replaced? It's been years sense it last worked. I left it in a dark place and it is what messed it up. How long did it take o CE you sent it to citizen?

Reactions: Llama4322

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweetie will look into it to see how much it will cost. This watch is specialties me. My best friend helped me pick it out years before he passed away. So I wanna keep it nice and working
I think the turnaround was about 2 week's to get the watch back to my door. Would it be worth it?
If you want to keep it yes and you will effectively have a new watch if they replace the module, they will also pressure test it too.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Now I understand, I would definitely send it back to Citizen in that case. All the best with it, regards Gary.
Sweetie will look into it to see how much it will cost. This watch is specialties me. My best friend helped me pick it out years before he passed away. So I wanna keep it nice and working

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've replaced the capacitor/battery in multiple Eco-Drive watches myself, no more difficult than a normal battery. Still, not a bad idea to send it to Citizen for fresh seals and a pressure test, if you atr concerned with water resistance.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So sending it to citizen is the way to go? My dad wanted to be nice and fix the watch for me and so I am trying to find the best place to get it survived.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Personally, I'd just send it back to Citizen. This ensures a proper fix.
With that said, I know many people pop into the movement and replace the capacitor, or whatever energy storage it has, and have no problems. Just my two pennies.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally, I'd just send it back to Citizen. This ensures a proper fix.
With that said, I know many people pop into the movement and replace the capacitor, or whatever energy storage it has, and have no problems. Just my two pennies.

Thanks I will for sure send it to citizen. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it tricky getting the correct replacement part or are they fairly generic? Thanks in advance...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
They are specific to the movement, but easily available on eBay for $10-15. As long as you note the orientation of the one coming out, it is easy to replace.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They are specific to the movement, but easily available on eBay for $10-15. As long as you note the orientation of the one coming out, it is easy to replace.
Thanks for the excellent advice... when the time comes I'll be sure to pay attention. Cheers.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts