Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello ,i bought the citizen BJ7080-53e GMT watch
is there anyone that can tell me how the rotating bezel with the E-W-S and 360 gradings work
the GMT indication is prior to the B877 movement
but no explanation for the rotating bezel
many thanks

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If it's the one with the dual crowns, did you try turning the crown at the 2 o'clock position. Not sure if it's a screwdown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, no it is the one with the E S W indication, it has 2 big nots at the right side
the caliber is b877

Attachments

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,736 Posts
Does the quickset on this watch move the hour hand or the gmt hand?

I have Seiko Kinetic GMT and the quickset moves the hour hand while the second hand keeps ticking, leaving the GMT hand to your home time zone. This works just like the Rolex Explorer II does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it works like that I also have the Rolex, you can also rotate the bezel to set te time with the 24 hour hand, but what are the markings 0 to 360 for on the outer bezel, this can also rotate, also indicated are the pole directions E, S, W

Attachments

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have the very same model, and no indication as to how the bezel markings work in the instruction manual. Sorry can't help you on that one I purchased it because I love the look of it no intention of using the bezel. It's the best Citizen Eco-Drive GMT I have ever seen. View attachment 77010 The only downside side for me was the bracelet I had to change it.
The problem then is the lug holes are very close to the case, I had to use quite a thin strap. I like the outcome though, I'm sure you will enjoy it, it's a superb piece.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes you are right, it is a very nice watch and was interested in all the functions, but the for the reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts