Watch Freeks banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
There are a few good Dominicans, the Davidoff N°2 is epic, but so is the price...

I still prefer Cubans... Cuaba are nice too.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Overrated... I'll take a good Dominican everyday and twice on Sunday.:)
Tend to agree but like many things, a matter of personal taste.

I rather enjoy a Dominican too - Ashton and Montecristo.
The low budget Garcia Y Vega English Corona is a winner for the price imo and a good golf course cigar

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is my 'go to' stogy, the Paradiso Revelation (an Ashton brand, in the US known as San Cristobal). Made in Nicaragua, over here they are not cheap because of hefty excise duty.

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts
Have never actually even tried a cigar to be totally honest. 😊
But I totally get it, and have always thought it was actually
very cool from a distance. Has just always seemed like it
was one of the coolest examples of freedom, and appreciating
what you like, and enjoy in life. (y)🙂 To also be honest, just
the boxes seem neat !

Really seems like they are an infinite amount of types, as
well as brands too. Thanks so so much for the lessons guys !!!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes Tom, the world of cigars is comparable to that of watches and Whisky (and Whiskey). You nailed it with your remark about appreciation and enjoying life. I'm very aware of the averse effects of smoking and drinking. You bettter not do anything of it at all but there are few things in life that can beat sitting on my balcony, slowly and calmly enjoying a cigar and a good Bourbon. Contemplating my life and just being very content and feeling blessed. Because I am blessed. I restrict smoking and drinking to weekends and I have never smoked cigarettes although I grew up in an era that regarded cigarette smoking as a harmless pastime and almost every adult smoked. I'm a regular customer of a local cigar monger that has a huge walk in humidor with thousands of cigars to chose from. They have a smoking lounge where you can try your cigar in the company of other cigar lovers, you can help yourself to an espresso and we have lengthy conversations about everyday life. Well, had. They reopen the lounge 1 June next.

·
Super Moderator
9,375 Posts
Yes Tom, the world of cigars is comparable to that of watches and Whisky (and Whiskey). You nailed it with your remark about appreciation and enjoying life. I'm very aware of the averse effects of smoking and drinking. You bettter not do anything of it at all but there are few things in life that can beat sitting on my balcony, slowly and calmly enjoying a cigar and a good Bourbon. Contemplating my life and just being very content and feeling blessed. Because I am blessed. I restrict smoking and drinking to weekends and I have never smoked cigarettes although I grew up in an era that regarded cigarette smoking as a harmless pastime and almost every adult smoked. I'm a regular customer of a local cigar monger that has a huge walk in humidor with thousands of cigars to chose from. They have a smoking lounge where you can try your cigar in the company of other cigar lovers, you can help yourself to an espresso and we have lengthy conversations about everyday life. Well, had. They reopen the lounge 1 June next.

😉🙂 Think it's honestly just great hearing you talk about all of this
Frans. It gives everyone a sense of what Cigars are all about, and
then echoes what a lot of people feel about them, or think about
them who do smoke them. It's really pretty neat, and actually love
how you explained the whole thing. Or experience both today, as
well as yesterday. Can't wait for that lounge to open up for you sir ! (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts