Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to the conclusion( a while ago)that the main reason most of us buy chronographs is that we are appealed by the coolness of them.Plus if your a big watchnut you have to have at least some chronos in your collection.Where has chris rock joked about insurance being called just in case.Its something you may never use but you have to have it just in case.You never may have to use those cool little sub-dials but man you just had to buy it LOL.Plus its cool to explain the function of a chronograph to non watch people and where it originated from.(to time horse races

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
While I have never owned "many" I do have a couple ... and I find them really handy in timing parking meters and ... dinner reservations :p . Really.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1454361241608.jpg

I have to say purchased my SST Chronograph for its beauty, it is also my most accurate Eco.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: okcmco

·
Registered
375 Posts
I agree. I like them more for their "cool" than the utility. I have 4 chronos out of 12 watches. I rarely use the complications.
But isn't it the same with watches in general. We all have phones. There are clocks on our computers and car radios. But we like watches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
I love chronos. Currently, I only have 3. I rarely use the chronograph, but I try and use it as often as possible. I'm looking to buy more. Mostly to replace the watches I plan on getting rid of.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They do look cool. The way the hands fly about (on quartz versions anyway) is awesome and they look complicated.
I love Tachymeter bezels. Absolutely useless, but it's great to explain when people ask "Oh yeah, this is how you can determine average speed". It's almost like a smart watch capability :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts