Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone actually have a use or purpose for some of these "extras"? And I'm not talking about the occasional use like using the chrono to to time your order while sitting in the drive through........LOL
I can honestly say that some of these functions are conceptually very cool but I have never had had a time when I actually had a legitimate use for them. Even when I traveled internationally for a few years I never used the dual time function (GMT) on my watch but I am a sucker for a GMT function!!!:q

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I never use the chrono features, but I love how they look on the dial. I never use the GMT or any of those other features you mentioned, but I sometimes like how they look. I love the rotating bezels, tacho-this and that, but never use them, lol

Some dials are just so busy, that you cant really....tell time, lol

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

As long as I can tell the date and time I'm good but I do like GMT because I prefer military time.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

We know George, that's why you have to register with local authorities whenever you move.......DOH!!~!!!:cool:

WATCHURSELF wrote:
I often play with my bezel!!!

:? :eek: :q :cool:

·
Registered
699 Posts
imported post

I do use the chrono at work occassionally at work. My favorite style, is still a three hand auto.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

CJ - be careful - you have been warned!!! :%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
We know George, that's why you have to register with local authorities whenever you move.......DOH!!~!!!:cool:

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I happen to use my chrono feature at work every day. When you work with Special ed kids, a lot of their activities are timed. It gives them structure, and since their activity is timed...I am not seen as the bad person telling them to stop what they are doing. The clock tells them their time is up, and they need to move on to their next activity. So yes....I use my chronograph a lot. Plus, our more advanced children like to hold my watch and keep track of the time...since they are usually most concerned about getting time in the play area. It has become a good training tool for them also, as we have them keep track of all their activities, and a couple of my boys have learned to tell time by using my watch. That's why my Sea Spider is my daily wearer...the kids are use to it...and it's a really tough watch!!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I use the chrono often but not any of the others.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I use the functions sometimes. Timing meat on the BBQ. the alarm when baking or traveling

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

George, I wisely accept your warning and will further refrain from such childish comments and innuendos.:)
CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:
CJ - be careful - you have been warned!!! :%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I publicly apologize to George and succumb to his greater knowledge, wisdom and good looks....please, stop for the love of everything furry and cute in this world!!!

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I actually use my Chrono and my GMT, I have a big job in Japan right now and I have my watches set for that very time zone. I also train High School Football players in the off season and I use the chrono quite often!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts