Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently made the switch to Chrome.

There are some things I like and some I don't, like with every browser I've used. I don't like how it works with this forum software, and I don't like how certain IE tabs operate. However, there is one particular thing within Chrome that is annoying the heck out of me. Randomly, a tab will open itself in a new window, and close itself from the main browser window. I have done a search on the net and this seems to be a very common problem. It drives me crazy, enough so that I may make another browser switch if there is not a fix very soon.

Anyone have issues with the browser they are using, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, others????

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Weird. I am using chrome as well, and have not experienced that issue at all.
Actually I really like using chrome alot, best browser I have used to date.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
imported post

I've been using Chrome on my PC for a few years now and never seen that one before. Chrome on iOS, not so good.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
imported post

Chrome is a great browser, but it does get a little wonky with the way it handles some web pages. I was using chrome exclusively for about a year, but Safari on my Mac finally caught up with the features I needed.

As for Chrome on iOS, it ads some Chrome features, but underneath it is still using Mobile Safaris implementation of WebKit. It is only good for the way it handles tabs and syncing to your Google account.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
Weird. I am using chrome as well, and have not experienced that issue at all.
Actually I really like using chrome alot, best browser I have used to date.
+1

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

i'm not following you entirely on the opening/closing tabs, Marc. can you elaborate?

i've been using Chrome exclusively for several yrs and it's the best out there IMO

admittedly, after Tanygaer added some new code, Chrome has been more wonky on this site (sometimes to the point of really pissing me off), but that's just here

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

four20 wrote:
i'm not following you entirely on the opening/closing tabs, Marc. can you elaborate?
Sure, When I havemultipletabs open and switch between them, the tab I select will sometimes close itself and reopen in a new window as the only tab. An internet search indicates that this is a fairly common problem with Chrome.

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

Marc I have used Chrome for 2 years and only in the last few weeks have I seen that happen. I click on an open tab and it reopens it in a separate tab. I end up closing it and re-opening it where I want it.Not sure how it even happens.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I'm back to FireFox at home because the flash issue is not occurring on this machine. Chrome is just not working well enough with several of the sites I frequent on a regular basis. Also, I do not like how IE Tab works in Chrome. I'll keep an eye on Chrome and if some things get worked out then I'll reconsider. I do like the Google connectivity it offers.

On the laptop in AZ I'm forced to use Chrome (flash is not working at all on that machine with Firefox), but maybe they will have the tab problem fixed by my next visit out west.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

1 - 14 of 14 Posts