Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every so often something on eBay pops up cheap and I throw in a bid just for shits and giggles. I picked this up for $20 plus a few bucks for shipping, (noone else bid on it) and then waited a few weeks for shipping from China.

If it looks a bit familiar, dont worry, it just means you have seen panerai watches before. To call this a homage would be a bit of a disservice to the word homage, but i picked it up for under $30 so lets see what I got.

First off, this watch uses a seiko vk63 meca quartz movement, which is pretty cool. I would have expected a cheaper regular quartz movement for a copy like this. The chrono functions all work just fine and the chrono hands snap back just like my helgray meca quartz does.
Its pretty heavy weighing in at 84 grams on the stiff croc embossed leather strap. (I have spare 22mm straps i can use instead)
Why they went blue croc on a green dial watch is beyond me.

Speaking of straps and lugs... They even copied panerais push button lug bars, so....easy strap changes!

The crown guard lock works fine, but the crown itself is pretty thin making it a bit hard to get a hold of. Also, it takes around 2 turns of the crown to move ahead one hour so it takes a while to set the time.
It says 300m on the caseback but I'm sure not going to test that one.

Running seconds at 6, 24 hour dial at 3, and hour dial at 9. Big second hand for chrono. Pretty standard. 40mm case size with 22mm lugs. 14.5mm thick. Hands are lumed.
Slightly domed mineral crystal, no AR coating.
Green sunburst dial. (Reflects light really well)

Not really much else to say...i can't complain much at $30, especially with a seiko meca quartz movement in it. I'll throw a black leather strap on it and see how it wears.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I was about to ask if those were marks on the dial in the first photo but your last pic clearly shows that's not the case. Enjoy your new watch

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was about to ask if those were marks on the dial in the first photo but your last pic clearly shows that's not the case. Enjoy your new watch

sorry....i didnt realize there was a plastic film covering the dial when i took the pictues. it wasnt until i posted and saw the picture enlarged that i noticed and took it off. the wrist pic shows it without the plastic film.
the wrist shot also shows my black leather strap. took a whole 20 seconds to change out the blue croc.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Great value! Hope it treats you well!

I have to admit staring at the Parnis Homages a lot, but I haven’t made the jump. My sole homage is an IWC Portuguese, and I like it, but it’s quartz and so it reminds me constantly that it’s not the real thing. Hopefully Santa will replace it for me with the real thing! ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Nice snag... No sandwich dial. But hey, you got drilled lugs and a great crown guard. A great addition to the "affordable" collection. Congrats and enjoy. :thumb:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice snag... No sandwich dial. But hey, you got drilled lugs and a great crown guard. A great addition to the "affordable" collection. Congrats and enjoy. :thumb:

this only came up on ebay because i was doing a search for "meca quartz".

the seller i got this from had a starting bid of $20 and i was the only bidder.

they also have black dial versions, but the regular buy it now price is $90-$100. (which i wasnt going to pay)
i figured i would roll the dice at $20.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
this only came up on ebay because i was doing a search for "meca quartz".

the seller i got this from had a starting bid of $20 and i was the only bidder.

they also have black dial versions, but the regular buy it now price is $90-$100. (which i wasnt going to pay)
i figured i would roll the dice at $20.
Genius!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,946 Posts
Now that is some major bang for the buck WM ! :thumb::thumb:

I mean we see a lot of nice watches at some terrific prices, but this is
ridiculously cool here. :rockon: ..Seriously, the movement alone should cost
more then the entire watch you would think.

That's just the beginning too because you have this gorgeous case, as
well as epic green dial ! Yowza, you don't even care what time it is when
you look into that I bet. ..Incredible really ! ..Huge congrats 2 U !!! :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Cool green . Can’t beat the cost 4 sure !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts