Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a movie on Netflix called, Chef, starring John Favreau. What a nice flick and worth the time. It's about a chef, his food truck, and love. Those of you that are chefs should like it for sure.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Added to my queue. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Thanks Nate!! I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
I enjoyed this movie a lot. There is another movie called Burnt coming out next week with Bradley Cooper as a chef seeking redemption.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoyed this movie a lot. There is another movie called Burnt coming out next week with Bradley Cooper as a chef seeking redemption.
I'm looking forward to Burndt, too. I just saw Everest, btw, and thought it was superbly done. Caught The Martian last week and liked it but the ending was a bit anti-climactic so I can't call it superb unfortunately.

I get the $4 senior deal now so I see more flicks. Getting older isn't all that bad.

😊

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
We enjoyed this movie also. Good movie.

Can't believe how big Jon Favreau has gotten. He is not the skinny guy he once was when he hit big with Swingers..

From this -

To this -

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Anyone seen "Steve Jobs" the film?
"Can a great man be a good man"? DAMIFINO.
I also heard there have been several films about
Steve.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just finished watching the movie last night. While I wouldn't call it great, it was certainly heartwarming and beautifully executed. I wouldn't mind watching it again. I'm also looking forward to watching Burnt; that should be an interesting film to watch as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
We enjoyed this movie also. Good movie.

Can't believe how big Jon Favreau has gotten. He is not the skinny guy he once was when he hit big with Swingers..
He bounces back and forth with his weight, just like a real person would. He got much more fit for the Iron Man movies, but then lost it when he knew he wouldn't be on screen.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
haha he looks like he ate the Swingers Jon Favreau, lol

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Youngest son Jack had a penchant for cooking.
In that interest he and a pal intended to go to Culinary course
in NYC.
Son changed his mind and graduated from a University
His pal Lawrence finished Culinary classes, returned home to our
city and became Head Chef at the Reatta Hotel.

Other son and a SIL Mark prepare tailgate parties at Dallas Cowboy
games. Cook for 3 retired Oil Co execs. After party they are admitted
to Execs private boxes to see games.

Lou Snutt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts