·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not bad at all, Chatman. Congrats.
I’ve looked at these (San Martin, I suppose it’s the same). Not $50 for me, though, so won’t be coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
11,405 Posts
Ooh nice Chaz, and that's really one to be happy about, not sorry sir.😉😀
Can totally understand why you got hooked. I mean you have an all
around classic, timeless dive style. However, then it's kicked up with
the fantastic wave dial, which really grabs you, and takes for one heck
of a ride ! 🙂😎It's going to be something in person I think, and for $50
it's a no brainer.

What a terrific find Chaz ! ..Can't wait to hear what you think about it.
Until then, wishing you a TSUNAMI sized congrats ahead of time !!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Not bad at all, Chatman. Congrats.
I’ve looked at these (San Martin, I suppose it’s the same). Not $50 for me, though, so won’t be coming soon.
From what I understand, both Heimdallr and San Martin are manufactured at the same factory. I suspect there are several other brands under the same roof too.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Might be worth a fiddy ??? Copied the SKX right down to the second hand. But where's the cute little fish on the dial ???😃

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sum of the parts is ridiculous for 50 bucks, I like the indices, I hope it's all right and tight for you!
If they have the same specs as Seiko does for their bracelets it will fit with no problem, if not, it goes on a mesh bracelet which will take up a notch even further!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Might be worth a fiddy ??? Copied the SKX right down to the second hand. But where's the cute little fish on the dial ???😃
Get your eyes checked, it has a completely different handset than the SKX007 (I owned one) and that isn't a fish on the dial, it's a Wave!

SKX didn't hack and hand-wind, this one does with a Seiko SII NH35A Automatic Movement, SKX didn't have a sapphire crystal, this one does, SKX most certainly didn't have a two-color ceramic bezel, it had no ceramic bezel at all. Unless the case is crappy, this one is indeed a giant step up from the SKX, and the bonus of no misaligned chapter ring as well!

If you are dissing Heimdallr for making a knock of Seiko, how about Seiko making a knockoff of a Rolex Sub?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Get your eyes checked, it has a completely different handset than the SKX007 (I owned one) and that isn't a fish on the dial, it's a Wave!

SKX didn't hack and hand-wind, this one does with a Seiko SII NH35A Automatic Movement, SKX didn't have a sapphire crystal, this one does, SKX most certainly didn't have a two-color ceramic bezel, it had no ceramic bezel at all. Unless the case is crappy, this one is indeed a giant step up from the SKX, and the bonus of no misaligned chapter ring as well!

If you are dissing Heimdallr for making a knock of Seiko, how about Seiko making a knockoff of a Rolex Sub?

View attachment 132422
Yeah... But it's Chinese...You're starting to sound like a newbie...

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

View attachment 132422
That ain't even close to a Sub.
Have fun with your new toy. Maybe you can hook up with Wiggles. It will just wind up in that box in your closet with all those Russians you bought.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah... But it's Chinese...You're starting to sound like a newbie...
Wouldn't surprise me if 1/4 of the Seiko stuff is made in China, so what, what's the difference between that and made in Malaysia? The movement is Seiko, the case is probably the same quality as Seiko and it has sapphire and a ceramic bezel. Most of the Micro brands everyone oohs and ahhs about here are sourced from Chinese parts.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The “great wave” copies the handset of the 6105.
The case doesn't look anything like the 6105 though. Lots of watches have those stick hands!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Here's my SKX 009, the hands are completely different than the Heimdallr. And as mentioned, my watch does not hack, it does not hand wind, it does not have a ceramic bezel, and it has a Hardlex crystal.

Reactions: rh747m

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They use the SKX-style case but mimic the 6105 handset, which is similar to many watches sure but the second hand gives it away as a complete 6105 handset.
So in actuality, the only exact copy of the 6105 is the second hand????

·
Registered
915 Posts
Im not sure Heimdallr markets their designs as original when they clearly give them the name of the watch they’re recreating

1 - 20 of 40 Posts