Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm not trying to spam, but I don't know if you guys have ever bought from them. A lot of my NATO straps came from them. They're not bad, but their premium and leather straps are the only ones with the rings sewed in. The rest are heat bonded.

But, they do have a sale going on for the next 26 hours. The code is "insta26" for 26% off. Note, it is based in Sweden, so shipping takes a while. About a month the last time I ordered from them.

But I did just buy 12 straps from them for a little over $62.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hello Friends,

Oddly enough the word "NATO" and "NATO-G10" for straps were copyrighted by this guy http://internationalwatchman.com/

Read along the bottom on his website.

I've compared many "nylon" straps on eBay made in China and I am surprised that some vendors sell their straps for as little as $1.86 plus $0.80 shipping but other vendors sell the same exact strap for upwards of $20 or more. I don't get it.

I normally pay around $2 per strap and not a nickel more. Some vendors on eBay auction their nylon straps, and if I bid on a strap and I am outbid past the two dollar mark, I let it go, that same strap will probably be re-auctioned in a couple of days and sooner or later I'll win it on auction.

For fun I once bid on and won a butt ugly purple strap for six cents plus free shipping just for laughs and I threw it away when it arrived.

If you don't want the aggravation of bidding on a strap, you can contact the vendor directly, make an offer, and they will likely sell you any strap you want separately for $2 plus free shipping, you provide him your email address, they send you a bill at PayPal, and you buy it through PayPal.

My only issue with all those straps is their length, they are hand cut, not machine cut at the factory so they usually measure 185mm in length not 200mm.

Their quality is ok not super terrific, and I am ok with that, we're talking about a throw away nylon strap, so what the heck. If I like the color pattern I'll buy five at a time.

I bought one strap for around $10 thinking it would be better quality, but no, same exact strap, so I learned my lesson.

I also don't like the - shall I say - "fashion forward" - design of these straps, so I actually cut the hanging 2 inch strip, gently run a lighter along the seam (remember, it's nylon) to seal the seam so it doesn't fray, and I'm good to go, now it looks like a normal every day strap.

I hope you found this info useful.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm glad you found my experience helpful. For my watch I go to eBay and click on jewelry & watches and then search on "nylon strap 20mm" and sort using either lowest first or ending soonest. I won't bid on a strap until the last day or better yet the last hour.

Stuff from China used to take four weeks to arrive but this past year the shipping time has been fairly consistent at three weeks. Some vendors have reduced shipping costs by eliminating the tracking function, and I'm ok with that, and I think that makes goods ship faster.

As you know nylon straps are very thin and super light and fun and work well if the watch is thin and light due to a quartz movement, but impractical if your watch is big or heavy or thick due to a heavy automatic movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts