Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So when I purchased the Magico deal for myself I got the watch and winder like everyone else. For me I actually got the deal more for the winder. Here is why.

My wife has a woman's diamond automatic corduba that she LOVES. That being said she just hates to have to wind and set any of her watches making automatics not normally her favorites. She would actually pass over wearing this one because she had to set it each time she wanted to wear it. She is a "grab one of her watches and run" person.

Now this is not an issue for me and when I wear my automatics I just set them and am fine with that. So when I got the new winder I knew this would be the answer for her. Now she LOVES wearing that watch again because it is always set and ready to go. She puts it in the winder after each time she wears it and away it goes keeping the watch set and ready whenever she wants it. She is much happier.

It is amazing how a $20 cheap winder can make her happy. And to be honest the winder works perfectly - is COMPLETELY quiet and silent when working and really is doing a good job so far.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

James

i hope you know that the winder will ONLY keep the watch wound at its current state -meaning if the watch is at 50% it will only keep it at 50%

the rotor actually winds the watch when worn but in a winder all it does is keep it wound

it is recommended to give it a good hand wind every so often

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Ditto...my wife says if she has to fool with it she does not want it.

Watchguru58 wrote:
My wife doesn't want an automatic for the same reason. Maybe I will give your idea a try.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
James

i hope you know that the winder will ONLY keep the watch wound at its current state -meaning if the watch is at 50% it will only keep it at 50%

the rotor actually winds the watch when worn but in a winder all it does is keep it wound

it is recommended to give it a good hand wind every so often
thanks for that CJ. I will make sure to do that regularly. Thanks again. good advice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

gotta keep the wife happy. i bought a dual tower winder on e-bay for under $45 bucks with priority usps shipping. its real quiet so i bought another one..don't need to spend hundreds on one for a name that few will see..rob

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Hey cant beat that deal...A happy wife makes for a happy home and more budget for another watch.....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts