Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I got an amazon email on a discount deal on a Timex Flyback watch, $60.00, I'm interested. How does the price reflect the watch. This isn't a write up on why someone should look at this low budget brand, Its just a nod to those who enjoy a well made timepiece. First off, The stainless steel case with a highly polished edge and well done brushed sides bely a more expensive watch, that extra work had to cost something. The slide rule bezel has no ratcheting , but has a smooth yet slightly resistant twist, so it doesnt wonder or jiggle on the face. The numerals on the slide are easy to read. The slide rule has a slight depth to it and allows the mineral crystal some protection laying just a mm below the bezel. Inside the dial is a Tachymeter for the chrono hand. The "Timex" logo and "Intellegent Quartz" signature is only printed but well placed. Each index has Lum as well as the Seconds, Minute and Hour hands. Date is easy to read , yet blends in with the grayish (indiglo) dial. The second time zone at the top plays two rolls, it shows military time (adjustable ) and is the 4 hour feature on the chronograph / flyback mode. The lower sweep hand counts up to 10 min then resets smoothy back to continue up to 4 hours. Its easy to read the numbers on each of those swing dials. The seconds hand moves in the typical second intervals, but the chrono hand has a smoother sweep, and obvious to see. (thats kinda cool). The flyback feature works nice with one tap . One thing that isnt mentioned in any web page or even the manual is that when you move the crown out (not screw down) there is an audible "Beep" for the 2nd and 3rd notch, letting you know how far you went. Pushing in the crown, and holding down will light the Indiiglo to a BLUE hue. The pushers are a nice size and work smoothly The no frills press fit case back works well and sits on the wrist nicely. Strap material is leather with a soft brushed feel, very comfortable, and not stiff. There is a brushed "Logo" buckle matching the brushed on the case.
I know , its a Timex, but I also know some watch savy engineers put some heart and soul into the design. I'm happy to wear it and it now shares a space with the GS amongst a few other of my wallet emptying collection. Surprise yourself and check out the brand . Looking close I'm actually surprised.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice!! Timex is making some good looking pieces these days. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1stiski

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
That is a nice looking piece.

Reactions: 1stiski

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yes, at the bezel 45mm, with crown 50mm and 14mm thick.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Probably just the opinion of an old stick in tha mud fogey.
But the Flyback iteration is waaay to busy a dial for me. Although I do own a few chronos
Im more a purist no busy dial guy. The simpler the dial,the better fan I am.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably just the opinion of an old stick in tha mud fogey.
But the Flyback iteration is waaay to busy a dial for me. Although I do own a few chronos
Im more a purist no busy dial guy. The simpler the dial,the better fan I am.

Lou Snutt
LOL,,, too many gizmos to deal with. I get your vibe..

·
Registered
650 Posts
Timex always has been a great 'bang for your buck' watch, and it shows in this one. Nice pick up!

·
Super Moderator
10,695 Posts
Looks so impressive 1stiski !!! :) :clapping-hands-abov Sounds impressive too from what you're saying here as well. You've got to love it when a watch goes above, and beyond what you expected. Especially when it costs $60, and looks like it could at least be $600 ! :eek: Just the detail, or details look outstanding, and the quality definitely looks top notch. Man oh man, very nice !!! Giant congrats there to you ! Keep on enjoying 1stiski, and thanks so much for the info/review !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts