Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just recieved an email from Marianne Chase regarding the speculation of the brand not being on shopnbc no longer......i cant say whether or not that is true at the moment, or if she will be back at some point, but this is what she emailed me.

However, it is nice to be missed but at the moment I have strong personal reasons for staying at home, watches are currently not my number one priority.

My office is running smoothly and I try always to be within reach if an important issue comes up.

If any of the Geeks need a specific model no longer available at ShopNbc, our customer service here at Chase-Durer will be more than happy to take care of each and everyone.

Best regards,

Marianne Chase

President

Chase-Durer

(800)544-4365

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I believe there is a Chase Durer show on ShopNBC this Sunday.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

actually it is part of the birthday celebration shows - here is the link -http://www.shopnbc.com/OnAir/ProgramGuide/Default.aspx?view=programguidedetail&dir=pg&showid=11099872

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

maybe she has health or family issues - she said

"have strong personal reasons for staying at home, watches are currently not my number one priority."

so maybe its not SHOPNBC -maybe its personal life

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I dont think many of those CD watches will be left by the weekend show. many are already down to limited numbers.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

there will be some chase durer watches on, on sunday, but will just be the rest of stock to clearance them out.

i asked marianne personally what was going on, as there was a lot of speculation over at geeks.

all i know is ,in a previous conversation she mentioned about shopnbc's low prices and her retailers not being very happy, and i know she is dealing with her husband , who is very ill at the momement.

marianne is a class act all the way, and extremely generous, and i will share what i mean by that with you all very shortly.

let me take the time here to say to marianne that i hope all that is going on with her right now, that i hope it all ends well and that she and her family will be fine.....

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I should buy another GM green dialed crossfire, they are the only colored dialed watches that are subtle enough. Amazing watch I love the crossfire!

What ever she does is her thing, good luck!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I should buy another GM green dialed crossfire, they are the only colored dialed watches that are subtle enough. Amazing watch I love the crossfire!

What ever she does is her thing, good luck!
take a look at the thread i just started about the crossfire.............

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

And JS also stated that they are getting more CD in stock at the beginning of the year

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
And JS also stated that they are getting more CD in stock at the beginning of the year
lets hope thats true.............i was just passing on info that was given to me by marianne.......i do not think if and when they return that we will see the prices as discounted as they have in the past.........but i guess we will see...

her watches are really a step above, and one of the few watch companies that i wouldnt mind paying retail price for............they are that good!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

TAKEN FROM A POST AT WATCHGEEKS...................

I spoke with my friend Marianne Chase, President of C-D, for about 45mins this afternoon, and Marianne confirmed that she is attending to some personal needs at home. Marianne expressed that she has an excellent working relationship with ShopNBC, and please do not read anything into her nor C-D being apart of future shows. I believe Marianne, in time, will address this to the WG community directly, and she expressed that she is so appreciative of all of the WG communities concern and positive support for her and C-D.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I dont know that I agree completely with Don, I do think they are a good watch. I wouldnt pay retail for anything, I would compare the feel of them to a T-Rex, A Speedy XL, Super Avenger. I have owned all those watches and the feel of the Crossfire rivals them all IMO!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
I dont know that I agree completely with Don, I do think they are a good watch. I wouldnt pay retail for anything, I would compare the feel of them to a T-Rex, A Speedy XL, Super Avenger. I have owned all those watches and the feel of the Crossfire rivals them all IMO!!!
yeah Ron, i agree with you on that.......i dont want to pay retail for anything myself.....but my point was if they were never available at shop at a discount, and you could only get them retail or slightly discounted.....i think they are definitley worth it.......just my opinion.....not fact.....

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
yeah Ron, i agree with you on that.......i dont want to pay retail for anything myself.....but my point was if they were never available at shop at a discount, and you could only get them retail or slightly discounted.....i think they are definitley worth it.......just my opinion.....not fact.....
I think you are correct Don, they are very well done. I just wish they made more available too us at a good value. It just seems that I struggle to go outside of the Invicta relm because I wont wear a watch smaller then 48mm. And too be honest a 48mm watch would need to have a big dial opening too make it look bigger. The crossfire is as small as I will go with a watch.

The smallest looking watch I own is the Apoco XT, and it is right on the edge of being too small for my liking. This has been a problem for me, which is why I am so Pro Invicta. Well that and I just love those damned RD, SAN III, SAS, VENOMS, SPEEDY XL'S, BOLTS, I FORCES, Did I say RD oh yeah let me say it again RD!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

yeah.......for the money spent, for the big chunky watches, there is no doubt that invicta has cornered the market there.........the biggest chase durer to date is the missle command, maybe she will be coming out with new designs next year that are bigger as well.......

and your right, the russian diver does rock, no doubt about it.....

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I have the same concern with the Viperfish, the sketches of the watch are incredible. But I have this feeling that the dial opening is going to play the watch too small for my liking. I am also not diggin the color combo's at this point either, but Live is always better then then renderings so I am trying to keep an open mind!

·
Banned
861 Posts
imported post

I bought both my CD models in the big ShopNBC clearance event in July-August, 2009. I picked up a Red StarBurst Swiss made automatic and a Falcon Commander II w/ the Eta 251.262 chronograph movement at almost give away prices. Both are incredibly well made watches. Glad I did not wait.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

For me the CD is an outstanding watch I own two of them. I hope Mariannes problems what ever they may be are rectified.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
there will be some chase durer watches on, on sunday, but will just be the rest of stock to clearance them out.

i asked marianne personally what was going on, as there was a lot of speculation over at geeks.

all i know is ,in a previous conversation she mentioned about shopnbc's low prices and her retailers not being very happy, and i know she is dealing with her husband , who is very ill at the momement.

marianne is a class act all the way, and extremely generous, and i will share what i mean by that with you all very shortly.

let me take the time here to say to marianne that i hope all that is going on with her right now, that i hope it all ends well and that she and her family will be fine.....

Thanks for the update Don. I am aware of some of the issues that she is dealing with. She really is a very classy lady and has always been supportive of my prior undertakings. I am and will remain a fan of her and her company. I too will wish for all the best for her and her family.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts