Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Everyone has character flaws, some more than others...Would you care to divulge your own?...I suppose that since I'm asking what yours are, I will have to confess my own ~

I'm terribly impatient, when I want something, I want it NOW...Don't make me wait.

I tend to speak without first thinking...Bad, very bad.

I like to shock people & will often make a deliberate effort to do so...I really can't explain that but, I think it's fun & it's how I get my jollies.

Ima world class tease & while I don't see that as a flaw I've been told on more than one occasion that it's another bad, very bad thing.

djpop tells me that I like to poke a stick in a hornets nest & stir...He's a very astute man.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Impulsive at times.
Need to delegate more (many times)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I have plenty.
1) I like things done my way. I will discuss. but in the end it is my a$$ on the line and if there is an issue it will be because I made the final call.
2) I can be obstinate for no reason. I will give some people a hard time just because I can. Even people I like.
3) Cross me and you are dead to me, forever. I am very unforgiving if it is a major deal. I believe in loyalty and I will stand and support you to the bitter end, but I expect the same.
4) I am not always as politically correct as times dictate.

Just a few, I'm sure there are more.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

i have a few character flaws, but the biggest one i will say is my temper.......I have a very bad temper, and im always trying to control my anger.....im always like the incredible hulk, and say , dont make me angry......you wont like me when im angry....

ive done my best to control it over the past couple of years, because as a chef, wich is a stressful job, you learn that there are things you are going to have to put up with and be professional , so no use flying off the handle all the time, and i am much better than i used to be, but i do find myself always supressing it....

I dont know if i would want to be one of those go with the flow people who just lets everything slide off there backs though.....those people almost seem like nothing bothers them, and i dont think that is the best way either.....but nonetheless.

I also am like Marc, in that its my way or nothing else....wich is a big part of my anger, especially when I know im right, and someone defies me and does it there own way.....that will piss me off real fast.....

I (and James can attest to it), curse something horrible.....I was just commenting to a waitress the other nite, how much I curse, and that i really need to try and be more concsious of it......not like i curse all the time, or do it in front of customers or cant control myself with it, but I do find myself saying the f word like 100 times a day........

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Like Don, I have a temper, which generally is fine, I just need to control it better at times.

Like you Duchess, I'm very impatient.

Not sure if it's a flaw, but I tend to care a little more than the people around me, thereby causing my angst. Example: I answer my phone almost always immediately when it comes to work. All employees can get hold of me at ALL hours of the day. Many times I'll call one of my techs, bookkeepers, or even one of the bosses, and get no answer. When it comes to business...ANSWER YOUR F*****G PHONE!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

LoL

Are you kidding me, Do you r really want me to actually list them. I dont have the time to type a novel and you dont have time to read it!

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty patient except for when someone tells me they are gonna do something or be somewhere at a specific time. And I'm a perfectionist.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

I Guess I'm your typical so-cal guy... laid back most of the time.. although I am from the I WANT IT NOW GENERATION...! sometimes that get's me in trouble.
I also like being on time...nuf said on that.! my biggest is being a perfectionist... especially when it comes too my woodworking...I feel it's never good enough... if it wasn't for my wife telling me it looks good nothing would ever leave my shop.... FREEK...:eek:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

Oh Man!

If you'd ask my wife this question, the things that she would list.... :%:c:%

I've got quite a few of them..

All come from life experiences and have had use for each, however one that comes to mind is my nonchalant attitude to most things, that I would consider unimportant. Or as some of my friends would say it, "Hawaiian Style Attitude." You see, I grew up in Hawaii, wherethings are laid back and relaxed. I don't have stress in my life, because I choose NOT to stress over things that are out of my control.

What can I say?

It's been imbedded into my DNA and it drives my wife CrAzY!! :eek:

"It is, what it is.... Nothing More, Nothing Less..."

Unless it has to deal with my wife, kids and/or my family...

I'm usuallycoolly unconcerned, indifferent, or unexcitable..

THAT'S ME! :b

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.