Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the Stainless steel model of this watch thinking it would be more versatile. The more I looked at it, the more I realized it looks similar to almost every other Stainless sports watch I own.

Decided on a Change up Pitch and cancelled the order and ordered this one instead! Costs a couple of hundred more, but the color combo is fairly versatile as well.

Canceled order

New Order!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So red and black became orange and black, why a couple hundred more?

PVD case and the vintage-looking lume I guess, looks a lot different and unique then the stainless model.

Need something different looking, since nothing, ever, is going to be the Ultimate "Grail" watch that is going to end this sickness for me! :smile-thumb:

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that red and black is pretty sharp.

hard to beat at $600 for an auto GMT from a brand like Certina.
And a true GMT at that. It has the hour jump hand that can move the time forward or backwards to change time zones to current location without having to hack the minute and seconds hands.

The Rolex GMT models have this feature, as does two of my Seiko Kinetic GMTs, and also.my Breitling Quartz Chronometer Chronograph, which isn't even a GMT!

·
Super Moderator
8,899 Posts
Oh nice Chaz, just watched that video a few minutes ago that you
put up about the PVD version. :eek: But didn't realize you were actually
changing things up, and going for one ! :cool: ..Think it was a really great
decision.

Now you will have a watch that stands out in the collection, and in
a crowd sir ! A changed up big congratulations this time to you !!!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cancelled this one as well, contacted Certina and they told me this watch, and the stainless model will not fit my 8" wrist :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Cancelled this one as well, contacted Certina and they told me this watch, and the stainless model will not fit my 8" wrist :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Why are they making bracelets smaller?
I took out so many links out of my helgray I swear it would fit an 8.5 inch wrist with all the links

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are they making bracelets smaller?
I took out so many links out of my helgray I swear it would fit an 8.5 inch wrist with all the links

The Swiss watch industry is catering to the Asian customer with smaller wrists.

·
Super Moderator
8,899 Posts
Oh wow, sorry about that Chaz. ..At least now you can start looking for
the next one now, and one that you know will be, or fit just right ! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
627 Posts
The Swiss watch industry is catering to the Asian customer with smaller wrists.
But shortening bracelets? I can see shorter leather straps, but you can always take links out of bracelets if you have smaller wrists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts