Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Do you cuss ?...Do you have a favorite cuss word that you use as a noun, verb & adjective ?

You guys are smart so, I figure you can find a way to discuss this without actually using the swear words, right ?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I think I go in phases where I swear for a while, realize I am over using some of these words and then catch myself and stop for a while.

In some settings it just can not be used and especially now that I have children in my house who are repeating everything they hear (literally everything) I have to be very careful!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I cuss a lot! I need to be careful, as I do have some phrases that I use that "just come out". There are children around (at times), so I need to be careful.

I can't even begin to write what I say as it isn't appropriate here. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

I think it is a real sign of a man's intelligence when he can speak without all the [email protected]*&ing [email protected]#ns being thrown in every other sentence.
I understand growing up in areas where people speak this way, that's why it takes a degree of intellect to break the habit.

I myself, being a trucker, can handle a lot of language, but one phrase cuts me deeply regardless of who, why, when, or where it is used, GD. And I know it is a sign of the times that the FCC has now allowed this blasphemous slur to be broadcast on everyday television.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

I admit, i have a horrilbe foul mouth...............i guess it comes from years of working in the kitchen........we are all foul mouthed in there........I really do catch myself sometimes, and think, how much did i just swear? Its actually been getting to me, how much i curse, and like Jefferson said, sound like an idiot, when all i do is use "fruck" every other sentence or word...............anyone on here that has talked to me can attest to how much i curse, and i really need to town it down.........................

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

You know I have the ability too turn it off in front of customers and then turn it back on when I am not in front of them. Personally when I am not being paid, I Cuss like a Sailor, and I dont give a damn if kids are around or not. They are not mine, and if you dont like the language then take them somewhere else!

I am not one who gives a %&*$ if it is appropriate or not, if I am not getting paid!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Hell yes i cuss and i use different combinations of cuss words for every event. broken exaust manifold bolts always seen to bringing the most flavor.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Let's see, 2 year old daughter....job puts me in front of people constantly, nope not as "regular speech".

I take pride in my ability to present myself professionally as well as my ability to converse eloquently.:b

CJ

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Do I cuss?! Let's see...I'm a plumber sooo...abso-f'n-lutely!

Favorite phrase....I'm kinda partial to "go f**k yourself!" Obviously NOT directed at you Duchess-just answering your question.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I try my best not too curse...I have a 3 year old boy who is like a tape recorder. I slipped a few weeks back and that's all he repeats now...lol..sugar honey ice tea is a common word we use in replace of well everyone can figure that out..but when im pissed everything just flys out...:ban

·
Registered
420 Posts
imported post

I'm a retired sailor.........

Nuff said. There are no words that offend me. I do however possess the ability to turn it off and on at will and never break protocol.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

I try my best not to cuss around my kids because like others have said they seem to repeat your every word, but when I'm alone hang on. I also try hard not to cuss at work b/c that would just be a complaint waiting to happen. I would say overall I'm pretty good at taming my tongue.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I try not to cuss in front of my kids, but there is the occasional Jack @$$ that pisses me off. LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Well let's see... 20yrs in construction... 5yrs with the teamsters working loading docks plus the 6yrs in the military... what do you think... not to mention that my boss is from NY and every other word out of his mouth is F this F that...
I have gotten better over the years though... my wife does not like it so I find myself doing that less and keeping my temper under control helps allot.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I try to restrain myself as the children pick it up and i dont want that

i used to say JESUS CHRIST

a friend of mine suggested i use = CHEESE & RICE

so i often say cheese & rice

the wife thinks i'm nuts - she might be right !!!

:%:%

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Generally never. I have to be really fired up to let one out. It is so funny that if I do let one out my wife or friends generally laugh because it is so rare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts