Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here a fan of the Edifice range?

I must admit I wouldn't buy from the top of the range as you're approaching used TAG/Longines territory but the cheaper models are very impressive.

I have one that cost me less than £100 and is nicely made, feels solid and seems reliable. A good friend of mine bought a similarly priced one and it looks great too, nice motorsport feel for us car nerds anyway.

(one on the right obviously :biggrin1:)

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Anyone on here a fan of the Edifice range?

I must admit I wouldn't buy from the top of the range as you're approaching used TAG/Longines territory but the cheaper models are very impressive.

I have one that cost me less than £100 and is nicely made, feels solid and seems reliable. A good friend of mine bought a similarly priced one and it looks great too, nice motorsport feel for us car nerds anyway.

(one on the right obviously :biggrin1:)

I really like them. Personally, I think Casio is a bit underrated, especially there higher end watches such as some of the Edifice line. I don't own one, however, I have eyed a few. Just not what I've been in the market for.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I've never really looked at these watches to be completely honest.
I am more of a boutique brand kind of guy. It does remind me of Tag though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would certainly recommend them that's for sure and for the prices they are even better.

For what mine cost, it doesn't look or feel like it was that cheap.

I suspect many people view Casio as a cheap digital brand but I have an Edifice and a retro style Casio digital. I think both are pretty cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Casio Edifice EF503D-1AV

I recently purchased the Casio Edifice EF503D-1AV (http://edifice.casio.com/watches/EF503D-1AV) off Amazon for $70. It is easily one of the best purchases I have made at this price point.

* 41.4mm diameter
* 10.4mm high
* 1/5 sec. 12 hr. chronograph
* Tachymeter
* Sub dials at 6:00 (sec.), 9:00 (hrs.), & 12:00 (min.)
* Date window at 3:00
* Stainless steel case & bracelet
* Solid bracelet end links
* WR 100M
* Mineral glass
* Japan movt.

The feel of the EF503D-1AV is solid without being heavy. It's very comfortable to wear and slides easily under cuffs. Fit and finish are excellent. The Casio branding is primary and Edifice secondary on this model. Lume is only so-so (2-3 hrs). The large second hand functions only in chrono mode then resets to the 12:00 position. A smaller second hand on the 6:00 sub dial runs continuously. The EF503D-1AV is a surprisingly nice watch at this price point. It looks and feels like a more expensive watch than its modest online price would suggest. It is a joy to wear and has an Omega Speedmaster-like vibe.

·
11,577 Posts
Here is a pic of my EF503D-1AV. Sorry for the less than stellar photography skills.

That is a real good looking Casio🏼🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,979 Posts
I have the same Edifice as Howard's.
Even has same bezel color. Mounted it on a NATO G10 orange/black strap.
IMO it's the best appearing watch in my collection. Got nuthin but kudos
for the Edifice.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was briefly considering the Edifice before I eventually settled for a Citizen Promaster, but after looking at some of these pics, I may have to consider again. :)

·
3,979 Posts
Primarily a GShock devotee. I have same Edifice as Howard Beale. Not sure Id
want a chrono Edifice..My one and only Edifice mustve soared thu QS. Frankly
I find it hard to distinguish it from my MDV106 in almost any terms.

Lou Snutt

·
3,979 Posts
As I've previously stated, Edifice is hard to beat.
Picked up another Edifice and one Casio calls the
Super Iluminator (Edifice under another title)?

All 3 are as tuff as a 60 cent roud steak.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I recently purchased the Casio Edifice EF503D-1AV (http://edifice.casio.com/watches/EF503D-1AV) off Amazon for $70. It is easily one of the best purchases I have made at this price point.

* 41.4mm diameter
* 10.4mm high
* 1/5 sec. 12 hr. chronograph
* Tachymeter
* Sub dials at 6:00 (sec.), 9:00 (hrs.), & 12:00 (min.)
* Date window at 3:00
* Stainless steel case & bracelet
* Solid bracelet end links
* WR 100M
* Mineral glass
* Japan movt.

The feel of the EF503D-1AV is solid without being heavy. It's very comfortable to wear and slides easily under cuffs. Fit and finish are excellent. The Casio branding is primary and Edifice secondary on this model. Lume is only so-so (2-3 hrs). The large second hand functions only in chrono mode then resets to the 12:00 position. A smaller second hand on the 6:00 sub dial runs continuously. The EF503D-1AV is a surprisingly nice watch at this price point. It looks and feels like a more expensive watch than its modest online price would suggest. It is a joy to wear and has an Omega Speedmaster-like vibe.
If I'm not mistaken, you can stop the 6 o'clock sub dial from running continuously if you press the lower chrono button while you are NOT in chrono mode. Saves battery. Try & see if this works. Does on mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts