Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Oh no there isnt anything in the garage like that, but there is the base for the sub 7 second 03 mustang I am building though!

It is a bit different now that it sports a couple GTS-76's

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Cali Kid said:
Very nice and i know how expensive that stuff can get! ryan falconer engines is right down the street and they build engines for airplanes, boats and used to be tied up with chevy in indy cars! amazing what guys can do to engines! His son eric used to write fo easyrider and afew other bike mags and hooked cole up with custom chrome so he could build his first bike the blue bobber. also have dan woods right around the corner and he was huge in the la custom car scene in the late 60's early 70's, rodders journal just did a nice article on dan a few months ago!
Intake: Is Hogan racing manifold

Piston: There where two different design but we chose to go with Coated JE!

Cams: where custom grounf by Crower

Piping: Will be done by my Tuner and builder All Ford Performance!

Engine management: We have yet to determine this but I am still leaning toward Big Stuff 3.

Twins vs Big Single: It has been proven, over and over that a Mod Motor responds better with Twins then a Single thumper. Too achieve 2000 RWHP with a single we would have to run 90 plus mm.Even though the piping will be more difficult on the twin 76's it will out perform a single thumper! And this gives me room to remove 76's and go to 88's if need be.

Will be using a water/air cooler that will be in the back seat area!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

I guess they moved us ron to somewhere we could play all by ourselves!!:cAnyway i will say it again, bitchin' motor and cant wait to see what you dump it in!:pic

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

That is awesome. You will have one mean hot rod when your mustang is finished. I am sure you will take it to the strip but here is the dumb question of the day, will it be street legal, too? Enjoy puting your hot rod together. ....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Bob wrote:
That is awesome. You will have one mean hot rod when your mustang is finished. I am sure you will take it to the strip but here is the dumb question of the day, will it be street legal, too? Enjoy puting your hot rod together. ....Bob
No bob this particular motor was built specifically for a drag race car only. I have the body of the car, but the chassis at this time isnt built.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

That is huge air and thats a Hell of a motor, im not a Ford guy but after seeing this Monster i am freefalling in that direction, Congrats Ron and not im going to clean by screen off !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Bob wrote:
No bob this particular motor was built specifically for a drag race car only. I have the body of the car, but the chassis at this time isnt built.
Best of luck Ron with this project. I know you are going to build one mean machine! ....Bob

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

When do you expect to finish your rod and do you intend to drive it.You know reaction time is important

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

djpop wrote:
When do you expect to finish your rod and do you intend to drive it.You know reaction time is important

I will drive the car yes, but I will not be the competion driver. At 6'4" and 300 lbs I dont make the best driver. I have a guy that use too race professionally that weighs in at 140 lbs, he will drive the car.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
That is huge air and thats a Hell of a motor, im not a Ford guy but after seeing this Monster i am freefalling in that direction, Congrats Ron and not im going to clean by screen off !!!!!!!!!!!

Too achieve this Hp I would have had to run a old school pushrod motor. I am not a huge fan of pushrod motors, cool for back in the day but there is so much more potential out of a cammer motor without all the trouble associated with a pushrod motor. I only wish that there was a bigger version of this motor, say 7.0 litres, the HP TQ number would be unreal!

·
Registered
238 Posts
imported post

I may not agree with your taste in watches, but at least you have good taste in motors and power adders. I'm running Big Stuff 3 as well.

Have you looked into boost controllers yet?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Boosted wrote:
I may not agree with your taste in watches, but at least you have good taste in motors and power adders. I'm running Big Stuff 3 as well.

Have you looked into boost controllers yet?
Actually my Builder all Ford performance told me not to worry that he had this under controll? What that means I have no idea!

I am a supercharger guy, so this turbo thing is a bit new too me actually. Rip is a car/Bike builder but all street rod stuff!

The last truck I built was a 700 RWHP 01 Ford Lightning

·
Registered
238 Posts
imported post

Let's see those high performance cars and trucks people...bound to be some other gear heads on here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
imported post

I would LOVE to hear the roar of this bad looking boy !!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I had a 1979 trans am 6.6 liter...black with the gold eagle on the hood and t-tops. I did some minor work to it. The usual...holley 650 double pumper, edelbrock manifold, roller rockers, cam shaft. I put a turbo 400 transmission with a shift kit in it and 373 gears in the rear. This was my second car i ever owned and I loved that car like nothing else...wow i miss that car. I put a pretty penny in it at a very young age

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

My favorite car
I built was a 68 Ford Shelby GT 500, what a beautiful car, it is so unfortunate that during my drinking years I wrapped it around a tele pole!

Fastest
Was my 2001 Ford Lighting that truck was a beast 10 second street monster. I loved blowing the doors off vipers and vettes in a truck!

Coolest car was the 39

Best car is the wifes 32

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Hey RIP....My pops had that same car and he crashed in a double parked car...lol...hot car and kicked ass with it....

My favorite car
I built was a 68 Ford Shelby GT 500, what a beautiful car, it is so unfortunate that during my drinking years I wrapped it around a tele pole!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Another one sold for parts huh, what a shame really car is worth a boat load today. I sure wish I wasnt a drunkin, Cocaine snortin Idiot back then! I would have a lot more money and some pretty cool cars!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts