Watch Freeks banner
6001 - 6020 of 6032 Posts

·
Long Time Member
613 Posts
I’ve been having an ‘80s revival lately.

Who remembers this one?

A buddy in high school had a family dealership that sold this car, and I rode in one just like this red one many times. Not the fastest car, but rear wheel drive, fat tires, incredibly fun interior. Really cool car.

It was not nearly as good of a driver’s car as the Supra models from ‘82 on, but it was still fun. One of my best friends had a mint ‘83 Supra and wow that in-line 6, rear wheel drive, limited slip, and manual transmission was telepathic. Amazing cars for their day and their cost.

Friend’s Supra looked just like this:

·
3,106 Posts
Oh yes, the Mitsubishi Starion. I knew a guy with the Dodge Daytona version back when Dodge/Mitsubishi had the "Diamond-Star" partnership - not as cool as the Starion.

·
14,097 Posts
Oh yes, the Mitsubishi Starion. I knew a guy with the Dodge Daytona version back when Dodge/Mitsubishi had the "Diamond-Star" partnership - not as cool as the Starion.
Chrysler marketed it with several different names: Colt Starion, Chrysler Conquest, Dodge Conquest, and Plymouth Conquest.

·
3,106 Posts
That’s right it was a Dodge Conquest not Daytona. Still rather preferred the Starion, probably because the others were primarily re-badged and fascia’d versions.

·
Long Time Member
613 Posts
Yep, Chrysler Conquest TSi and Mitsubishi Starion. The ‘86-‘89 wide body turbos were the ones to get.

I had an algebra teacher in middle school with a narrow body base Starion. It was OK, but nothing compared to the later model TSi.

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
That’s my kind of car, right there. Maybe a color more to my liking, but everything about it just looks right.
Very cool RT, you have really fantastic taste. (y):cool:

I was looking around for a neat Maserati, and this one really
caught my eye. o_O If you squint your eyes while looking at
it, it's like a curvy relative of a DeLorean. 😀

·
Long Time Member
613 Posts
Oh yeah, the Mitsubishi 3000 that had all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, active spoilers, twin turbos. Hot car for sure. Sadly they just didn’t seem to hold up, as I was very closely following the used car market in the ‘90s. Insanely high maintenance costs. Like, Porsche and worse costs.

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
Oh yeah, the Mitsubishi 3000 that had all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, active spoilers, twin turbos. Hot car for sure. Sadly they just didn’t seem to hold up, as I was very closely following the used car market in the ‘90s. Insanely high maintenance costs. Like, Porsche and worse costs.
;)(y)You know what's funny RT?! Is I couldn't remember the actual name
of the 3000GT at first. 😊When I saw your Miitsubushi, I typed in 80/90's
Mitsubishi, and the 3000 came up. 🙂It really was a cool looking car, and
honestly I didn't even know about the all wheel drive, or twin turbos !! :cool::cool:
Thanks so much for the insight, and even though they may not have held
up too well, they still were neat. Thanks once again !

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
You posted a photo of the 1994+ version with 320 hp (up from 300) and a 6-speed manual (up from 5).

Here is the Dodge Stealth version of that updated model in the exact same color.

Oh man, that's right, there was the Stealth as well RT. 😮:D

These were like sister cars, and were like big brothers to those
cool models you, and the guys were showing above. :)

I had remembered the 3000GT, but forgot about the Stealth.
Thanks a ton for jarring my memory ! ..Very very cool !!

·
Super Moderator
15,617 Posts
Love the CTS-V - had 2 of them- Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice cmann_97 ! (y)(y)

You know what’s terrific about those, and really,
Cadillac’s designs in general?! Is that they don’t
look like anything else. :cool: They stand out in the
crowd, and I imagine they are easy to pick out
in a parking lot.

Seriously, ever see people searching for their car?
But they are having trouble because it looks like
everything else. 😮

6001 - 6020 of 6032 Posts