·
6,351 Posts
1972 Audi 100 S/GT

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Wow, is that beautiful?! Or what Steve?! o_O😲

That would be a BIG yes ! :D(y)(y)

Now forgive me sir, but what kind of car might that be?

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Me too sir !😮😀😎

You know what’s funny is I thought the original one had
had a spoiler, but that wasn’t until later on I guess. (y)

Here is a Countach from 1974 for you... 🙂

·
Registered
96 Posts
Me too sir !

You know what’s funny is I thought the original one had
had a spoiler, but that wasn’t until later on I guess. (y)

Here is a Countach from 1974 for you...

Yes,
The spoiler was added later as an option on the LP400S and became standard on the LP500. It was totally cosmetic and actually did nothing aerodynamically.

The Countach actually suffered from front end lift and instability at high speed.

I experienced this as a passenger in an LP500 in the mid 90’s, in a car owned by an acquaintance at an indicated 300Km/h, (which was probably a lot less as their speedo’s were known to be horribly inaccurate ), and it was scary to see the front start to wander and hear the driver tell me the steering suddenly went “light”. Luckily he backed off real quick…

SOoO many watches SOoO little time...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Anyone excited about Mazda going the opposite direction of everyone else (electric)?

2023 is bringing rear wheel drive cars and SUVs with inline 6 engines, longitudinally mounted.

My friend said yesterday that he thinks the Japanese are going to carve a niche and have the finest combustion engines ever, similar to the Swiss holding out and having the niche they now enjoy.

I have always loved Mazda for truly focusing on performance, but even this surprises me. Very, very pleasantly surprises me.

·
Super Moderator
14,317 Posts
Yes,
The spoiler was added later as an option on the LP400S and became standard on the LP500. It was totally cosmetic and actually did nothing aerodynamically.

The Countach actually suffered from front end lift and instability at high speed.

I experienced this as a passenger in an LP500 in the mid 90’s, in a car owned by an acquaintance at an indicated 300Km/h, (which was probably a lot less as their speedo’s were known to be horribly inaccurate ), and it was scary to see the front start to wander and hear the driver tell me the steering suddenly went “light”. Luckily he backed off real quick…

SOoO many watches SOoO little time...
Anyone excited about the Z?

Anyone excited about Mazda going the opposite direction of everyone else (electric)?

2023 is bringing rear wheel drive cars and SUVs with inline 6 engines, longitudinally mounted.

My friend said yesterday that he thinks the Japanese are going to carve a niche and have the finest combustion engines ever, similar to the Swiss holding out and having the niche they now enjoy.

I have always loved Mazda for truly focusing on performance, but even this surprises me. Very, very pleasantly surprises me.

Have to thank you for the fantastic lesson on the Countach
Black5 ! 😎 ..Always had wondered about that, and now I
know. (y)(y) Now I wonder if down the road if they might
add in a a spoiler to the new one. ..Just for fun that is. 😀

Boy oh boy, that is something that you actually got a chance
to drive in one like that. ..Yowza,😮awesome stuff !

Oh, and yes, the new Z looks sweet, with an almost vintage
vibe coming through the modern personality imho... 😉

By the way, that IS neat that Mazda is keeping it old school
with those new engines. 😮 I actually didn’t even know that
they were planning to do that. It’s really fascinating, as well
as interesting to hear. Thank you again for the insight !!!

5721 - 5740 of 5762 Posts