Watch Freeks banner

5421 - 5440 of 5483 Posts

·
Registered
Orient and Seiko
40 Posts

Saleen 1 with matching one off Fender Stratocaster..(and it's builder / concept creator Ron Thorn from Fender Custom Shop)

·
Aspiring Expert
1,879 Posts
Ooh neato Gary, and Mike !! 😲🤯

Adding in these ones... 🙂

I know those Cessna Wide Oval Cabin Airplanes in the background inside and out!
I've worked on, maintained, and overhauled countless engines on too many of them to count! :D

I'm one of the guys you'd see on the other side of that fence that surrounds the restricted airport area, I've spent half my life in areas like that... ;)

I probably have more hours taxiing airplanes like those around airports than most private pilots have flight hours! :giggle: just kidding...

If you want to freak out a friend that's never been in an airplane front seat before, put him in the right seat and take him taxiing in a big prop plane with your hands on the yolk and turn the yolk hard right as you kick the pedal hard left and yell "oh $hit" and watch him freak out! :ROFLMAO:

For those that don't know, while on the ground, you steer and stop an airplane solely with your feet... ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,410 Posts
I know those Cessna Wide Oval Cabin Airplanes in the background inside and out!
I've worked on, maintained, and overhauled countless engines on too many of them to count! :D

I'm one of the guys you'd see on the other side of that fence that surrounds the restricted airport area, I've spent half my life in areas like that... ;)

I probably have more hours taxiing airplanes like those around airports than most private pilots have flight hours! :giggle: just kidding...

If you want to freak out a friend that's never been in an airplane front seat before, put him in the right seat and take him taxiing in a big prop plane with your hands on the yolk and turn the yolk hard right as you kick the pedal hard left and yell "oh $hit" and watch him freak out! :ROFLMAO:

For those that don't know, while on the ground, you steer and stop an airplane solely with your feet... ;)

Hey cool Steve, that must be incredible just to know how to do, and then
actually be able to taxi them like that too ! 😲🤯..Now could you fly them
if you wanted? I mean are you a pilot? :D:cool:

Had no idea that while on the ground you actually use your feet to operate
the planes either by the way. Amazing ! ..THX Steve, Always learning !!!

·
Aspiring Expert
1,879 Posts
Hey cool Steve, that must be incredible just to know how to do, and then
actually be able to taxi them like that too ! 😲🤯..Now could you fly them
if you wanted? I mean are you a pilot? :D:cool:

Had no idea that while on the ground you actually use your feet to operate
the planes either by the way. Amazing ! ..THX Steve, Always learning !!!
I'm not a licensed pilot but I could get any single or twin-prop airplane running, off the ground, and back on the ground in one piece if need be.

The hardest part, if any, is just getting inside the cabin as only the doors are lightly locked, no key is needed once you're inside most all twin-engine airplanes and there isn't a prop plane I can't start... ;)

You'd be surprised at just how easy it is to get by most all door and starter/ignition key locks on single and twin-engine prop planes... ;) Well for me anyway, I've been around them all my life and I've had to get inside and start them up without a key on many occasions... :giggle:

The best way to secure them is with a throttle lock! But those would just delay me a bit... ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,410 Posts
Well that is something to hear Steve ! 😮o_O

You honestly kind of sound like a mix of MacGyver, and Indiana Jones. :D🤠

5421 - 5440 of 5483 Posts