Watch Freeks banner

5121 - 5140 of 5167 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Ford Falcon Sprint

Oh boy! I know I'm a boyish dreamer but one can dream can't one? In my country this would turn more heads than a Ferrari. I live near a street that is closed down for all car traffic from 22.00 since June because it had become a 'posers paradise' for ostentatious car owners who kept driving up and down, roaring their engines and hindering residents and people who were trying to enjoy their drinks on terraces. Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, tricked-out Range Rovers, you know the drill (often just rented for the day). For this one I would reverse the colours, so the body red and the stripes white.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
1963 Ford Thunderbird "Italien" Concept.. perhaps a land yacht.

Among other things, I love the colour. Mazda has a colour red to die for, there's a Mazda 3 coupé parked every day at the parking lot of the subsidiary where I work now (it belongs to a colleague of mine) and it's just beautiful. My KIA comes close but it just misses that sparkle.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I like the redwalls on the white one but here's a red Sprint:

Are those wheels original or third party? And yes, that's what I'm talking about! Gorgeous! Now let's drop in a 550 BHp crate engine into it :cool:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Are those wheels original or third party? And yes, that's what I'm talking about! Gorgeous! Now let's drop in a 550 BHp crate engine into it :cool:
Yeah those are Cragar S/S 5 spokes (huge in the US on muscle cars). The white one has another version, probably by American Racing, you can tell the subtle differences and the Cragars are better executed (knock-offs optional).

·
Registered
59 Posts
(y)(y)

A few more guys...

Lol.
XB Falcon GT.
These were everywhere in Australia in the 70's!
A school friends dad had one when I was a kid, my dad had a 4 door version, (as did I much later), and now they command well over 6 figures - if you can find one.

Eric Bana also has one of this body style, (heavily modified and rebuilt after a major accident), that he bought as a 15 yo and featured in "Love, the Beast".

SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
Lol.
XB Falcon GT.
These were everywhere in Australia in the 70's!
A school friends dad had one when I was a kid, my dad had a 4 door version, (as did I much later), and now they command well over 6 figures - if you can find one.

Eric Bana also has one of this body style, (heavily modified and rebuilt after a major accident), that he bought as a 15 yo and featured in "Love, the Beast".

That is so cool ! :cool::) Guess we never had those exact models over
here Black5, but it's insanely fun just seeing pictures, and hearing your
stories. (y)(y) It's amazing how these cars were evidently affordable
back in the day, but now fetch these out of this world prices now right?!
Holy cowza, pretty incredible !

P.S. Now I need to see that Eric Bana movie there. 😀Thanks sir !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ahhh.
Another Aussie muscle car icon.
Falcon GTHO Phase III.

This is a special homologated version of the GT Falcon that at the time of release in 1971 was the fastest accelerating 4 door sedan in the world! (HO actually stood for Handling Option, but the car included significant power upgrades as well.)

This actual car well known and I recall it selling for over $300k about 10 years ago.

Would easily sell for double that now...

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
Ahhh.
Another Aussie muscle car icon.
Falcon GTHO Phase III.

This is a special homologated version of the GT Falcon that at the time of release in 1971 was the fastest accelerating 4 door sedan in the world! (HO actually stood for Handling Option, but the car included significant power upgrades as well.)

This actual car well known and I recall it selling for over $300k about 10 years ago.

Would easily sell for double that now...

Oh wow, and I thought it was cool before finding all of this
out above here Black5 ! :D:cool: Honestly had just thought
that it looked awesome, but had no idea it was an extra
special model like this. (y) (y) Love HO being for handling
option like that. So unique !

Man oh man, these are as incredible underneath it all, as
they are looks wise. ..Unbelievable the prices too sir ! 😯

Thanks so so much for the info, as well as lesson !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh wow, and I thought it was cool before finding all of this
out above here Black5 ! :D:cool: Honestly had just thought
that it looked awesome, but had no idea it was an extra
special model like this. (y) (y) Love HO being for handling
option like that. So unique !

Man oh man, these are as incredible underneath it all, as
they are looks wise. ..Unbelievable the prices too sir !

Thanks so so much for the info, as well as lesson !!!
The “HO” option was designed specifically to homologate these cars for racing in our annual Bathurst race. (Originally 500 mi, now 1,000 km.).
There were a number of low volume models built by GM (Holden), Chrysler, (Valiant) and Ford to meet these requirements before a supercar scare in 1972 put an end to the practice, (and the modifications were sometimes snuck into the normal production run of STANDARD cars without any fanfare - look up RPO83), and the race eventually switched to international Group A format.

The last of them, (XA GTHO Phase IV) only had 4 produced, (3 prototypes in red, and a single production car in Calypso green) before being banned.

The red one in this photo sold for over $2M a couple of years ago, the green one is probably priceless...

SOoO many watches SOoO little time...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another Aussie Bathurst special.
Valiant (Chrysler) Charger E49.
Triple Weber carburetors and a Hemi 265 ci straight six made this the fastest accelerating production car in Australia at the time, (under 6 seconds 0-60mph) and arguably the best looking of the race cars...

5121 - 5140 of 5167 Posts