Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Frans' photographs of Rotterdam, I thought I'd introduce & share a bit of Cape Town with you.
Whether or not you've been to Cape Town, I hope you enjoy this short pictorial. Most of the photographs are mine while some are borrowed from the net.

Situated on the southern tip of Africa and nestled in the shadow of Table Mountain (now one of the 7 wonders of the world) you'll find beautiful Cape Town, a cosmopolitan city and home to around 4 million.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Wow! Just beautiful! Keep 'em coming. Great show.

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great pics! I worked in ZA from '06-'09, got to see a lot: Joburg, Sun City, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Drakensberg, safari at Kapama and last but not least Cape Town which I really enjoyed. The picture of the young lady you posted is on Camps Bay beach, I believe, with the 12 apostles behind her. My favorite spot!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great pics! I worked in ZA from '06-'09, got to see a lot: Joburg, Sun City, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Drakensberg, safari at Kapama and last but not least Cape Town which I really enjoyed. The picture of the young lady you posted is on Camps Bay beach, I believe, with the 12 apostles behind her. My favorite spot!
Good on you.

Spot on, it's the beautiful Camps Bay

·
Registered
5,439 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing. Definitely a place I'd like to visit. Several places in South Africa in general. Maybe a Springboks game in Newslands Stadium perhaps?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice. However I do worry about the future of that place. I've noticed that the "native folks" have been getting more and more vocal about those that have been luckier in life, so to speak.

I'm thinking that things can go downstream quite easily, sadly...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing. Definitely a place I'd like to visit. Several places in South Africa in general. Maybe a Springboks game in Newslands Stadium perhaps?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Cheers Funk - although the way the Boks are playing at the moment you may want to give Newlands a miss!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Amazing pics reflex. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reflex
1 - 20 of 51 Posts